COT2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COT2

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

It moves!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

It moves! Empty
PostSubject: It moves!   It moves! EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 10:44 pm

Yeah so I've been doing non-forum stuff lately...from actually having to work at my work, to taking the stuff learned making the animated face (see other post) and using it to do some better rigging and keyframing. And modeling...and such. After the face I started from scratch on a mech with a little more mechy feel to it, and kept going until I had a full body skeleton rigged. Still don't have the 'toon' shaders down yet, so the color is way off...anyway, I present you with a few hours of modeling, texturing, and animating.

Now watch again and keep a few things in mind. First, when the LEFT arm comes forward it's SUPPOSED to be hitting the top of the flying camera and whacking it to the ground...the mech was fine, but I forgot to make a keyframe for the camera between keys A and C... Second, again been doing this for YEARS, and have NEVER been able to make fingers move. SO, I'm getting there, finally.
Back to top Go down
http://right here...
VaderXanth
Journeyman
VaderXanth

It moves! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It moves!   It moves! EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 3:57 am

That is very AWESOME!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

It moves! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It moves!   It moves! EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 4:52 am

Up-sized the arms a bit, which looks better but now the hand skeletons need repair....sigh. More importantly, got a much better grasp of the toon shader now! Should be able to move forward giving things that cartoony plastic vibe without beating my head against a wall.
It moves! Mecha210
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

It moves! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It moves!   It moves! EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 8:10 am

Very nice indeed!

One question, though... what's the deal with the blue penis / cod piece thing in the last picture posted? Shocked

But seriously, I am rather jealous! Not of the penis, but the work done.
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

It moves! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It moves!   It moves! EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:23 am

shadowcrunch, in another thread, wrote:
Heh...now that we've skipped the entire groove of this thread (sorry sooty!)...you chums have given me an idea!....

Wow...the 'comic crap' thread under my 'shadowcrunch thinks' forum has run dry! Shadowcrunch must have given up on that project... OR he finally figured out how to make his characters in a 3D format so he can use them over and over! So he's maybe been setting up for the long haul, getting characters ready, continuing with scripting, and MAYBE it's all coming together nicely! MAYBE, he hits a few snags with rigging skeletons or face shape keys... MAYBE he takes a day off from Blending, until you people start playing with smileys and Marvel Comics characters and...
Quote :
you chums have given me an idea!....

And what did we learn? A BUNCH of useful stuff for rigging, animating, shape keying. Good god, this video helped learn me tons!

Back to top Go down
VaderXanth
Journeyman
VaderXanth

It moves! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It moves!   It moves! EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 12:29 am

BRAVO!!!

Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

It moves! Empty