COT2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COT2

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Soothsayer's schedule

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

Soothsayer's schedule - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 10:38 am

Not exactly a schedule thing.

Just received my "official" vacation count for this upcoming year.  According to my employer, I have 80 hours of vacation... which is wrong.  I've been with this company for five years as of this past December (five years already?  holy crap), and as such, should be at three weeks vacation, not two.

I emailed my supervisor to look into this. You know, following proper chain of command and whatnot. I even added in the email that the main office cannot say that the first year doesn't count as I was employed as a part timer; with all the overtime I put in, extra hours picked up, and my acting as a fill-in guard down in Green Bay, the hours I worked easily met and exceeded the minimum requirements of full-time, and were eligible to accrue vacation hours.

Got a reply back from our district office, and this is what they said:

Quote :
Best I can say is that the hours are not fully updated. I’m going to be checking for updates a couple of times a day over the next week or longer to see if any changes were made, but until the system gets updated it’s unfortunately where we are at with this issue.

Umm... excuse me? If I'm reading this right, does this essentially say too bad so sad? That unless the system updates, I'm stuck with the two weeks? And when exactly is this update supposed to take place? We're already seven weeks into the calendar year; you'd think my vacation for this year would be properly taken care of at the start of the new year.

Mother puss bucket. Somnabeech. Fraggin' bastiches. Getting docked a week's worth of pay, they are aware of it, and the best they can say is is that it's unfortunate?
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 9:26 am

With one of the guards having quit back in February, it only stands to reason that no replacement has been found. The site supervisor and I have been splitting weekends to pick up the slack; taking all the overtime I can, without actually killing myself in the process.

I worked this past Saturday (March 5) instead of March 12, as the supervisor needed a break. Ehh, I can see it. It isn't great working nineteen days in a row! So anyway, here's the upcoming / planned overtime days so far. All dates listed below are at the shack, from 7a to 3p.

Sunday March 13th

Saturday March 19th
Sunday March 20th

Saturday April 2nd
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 7:37 am

Next batch of overtime... the nice thing about this is that my supervisor never told me of this, she just put my name on the schedule without even giving me the option. Or giving me the schedule, for that matter. Oh well.

Saturday April 9th, 7a to 3p in the Shack
Saturday April 16th, 7a to 3p in the Shack
Sunday April 17th, 7a to 3p in the Shack
Saturday April 23rd, 7a to 3p in the Shack
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 5 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 8:13 am

Well that didn't last long. In keeping with the whole not mentioning names or location thing, the last week of April saw us hiring a "preacher's son", 21 or 22 years of age, to work all weekends. I doubted that it was going to work, as what kid would want to do that, but hire him they did. A few short weeks later... two hours before his shift last night to be exact... he up and quit. Apparently, from what I heard, he felt "endangered" and "threatened" by his father (who also happens to work with us), and as such, he (the boy) just couldn't do it any more.

Keep in mind I heard that second hand, and that I do not know, nor do I care to know, the full story. To make things more interesting, at least for this weekend, the supervisor is gone for the entire weekend, out of state. For a workstation that had just enough people, all of the sudden to have two people depart makes for a big difference. As such, I picked up some hours this weekend, which totally ruins my three day weekend plans of doing nothing but model building and Netflix binging (wife works this weekend as well). But hey, at least I still have Monday off!

So, Saturday and Sunday, May 28th and 29th to be exact, I will be working at the shack, 7a to 3p.

Wife's a little peeved about this, going on about how this isn't my responsibility, that I don't even work in the shack any more. I'm telling her "mo money, mo money, mo money", but in truth? With the client being bought out and trying to cut costs... which is a different story altogether, one I should share at some point... and with my company having been bought out (merger to take effect in a couple months) AND my company working for this client with no contract (expired last month), yeah, I'm going to put myself out there. Just to play things safe. Do I feel as if my job is in jeopardy? Nope, not in the slightest, but my picking up hours certainly isn't going to hurt. I have not told the wife about this, not yet at least. No sense in making her worry when I'm not worried, so please... shhhh.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 5 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 11:07 am

Thanks to the preacher's son, I am scheduled to work the following days...

SUNDAY
June 5
June 12
June 19
June26

Because of preacher boy and the one with munchies (see what I did there?), I am working...

Saturday July 2 and Sunday July 3.

It is unknown at this time how long the overtime will continue.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 3:27 pm

Lest I forget...

I am working Saturday June 25th instead of Sunday the 26th.

I am not working 4th of July weekend... the mrs decided I best not as she wants to do "family stuff". We'll see.

I am working the following Sunday's in July: 10th, 17th, and 24th. It is unknown if I'd be doing the 31st or not, or if this is going to continue into August or not.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 9:32 am

More overtime!

I am definitely working Friday July 8th and Monday July 11th, from 4:30p until 11p, in the parking lot over by me. Extra coverage.

I am also working this Saturday, July 9th, in the gate house, 7a to 3p.

Because my contract has it where I get paid for "recognized" holidays in which the client shuts down, I got paid for the 4th. The bad side is, if I were to work extra hours during that same pay period, I would lose those "free" paid hours. Stupid, ain't it? I make mention of this because there is some extra coverage available today and tomorrow as well. I told my supervisor that, if the district office agrees, I would work tonight and tomorrow night under the following conditions:

Quote :
if the district office would still pay the 4th of July, I will work tonight and tomorrow. Monday would be straight pay regardless, and tonight’s extra coverage would be straight pay as well as this would technically still be within the 40 hour period, so Thursday’s extra coverage would be the only day of overtime. If they would agree to that, yes, I’d work tonight and tomorrow, but if not (and I do hate to say this), then I would have to decline.

I doubt it'll happen.

The wife thinks I'm nuts. Not for tonight or tomorrow (those aren't agreed upon yet), but just for working four extra shifts, two of which would be a double shift... she worries about me (sometimes Laughing ) 29 hours of overtime? Sure I'll take it, that's another week's worth of pay right there. And while I don't see the district office accepting my conditions for the other two days, it'd be really nice if they did.

I'll contact my supervisor in about an hour and see what's up with tonight and tomorrow, just to make it look as if I'm a concerned and dedicated employee.
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 10:37 am

soothsayer wrote:
she worries about me (sometimes  Laughing )  

We all do...sometimes...to varying degrees. You're kindof a freak, just saying.
Back to top Go down
http://right here...
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 2:27 pm

Kind of a freak?  Damn, I must be losing my touch...

Okay, just got word: surprise surprise, the district office agreed to my conditions.  Phuck.  I am now officially working tonight and tomorrow night as well, from 4:30p until 11p.  Marked as overtime pay, while still getting my paid day off from Monday.

Lessee, this'll put me at...  *laughs*... counting the overtime hours as 1.5 hours, this'll be the equivalent of 143 hours on my next check.  Not bad, not bad, getting a month's worth of pay (and then some) in one swoop.  Good thing for me I have a spare phone charger here at work, and one of my emergency / portable battery packs in the van (which I better start charging / topping off)!

{EDIT}

Good news!  I get to sit in my air conditioned office while playing on the computer for this extra coverage!  Ha ha, just kidding, I don't screw around on the company computer.  I'm to be watching the small building across from me, making a foot patrol of the parking lot at least once an hour.  You know, just to make sure no one
Gunz
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2016 7:53 am

Yay, more overtime. Kind of sad... work on my models during the overtime (not all the time, and not big models), but it's rapidly getting to the point that I am running out of models to build; need to find time to start painting these things! Also, sure would like some time to actually enjoy the money I've been bringing in.

*sigh*

Anyway, new list, revised.

Fri July 15 - extra coverage by my area until 11p
Sun July 17 - 1st shift in gatehouse
Mon July 18 - extra coverage by my area until 11p
Tue July 19 - extra coverage by my area until 11p
Sat July 23 - 1st shift in gatehouse
Sat July 30 - 1st shift in gatehouse
Sat Aug 6 - 1st shift in gatehouse
Sat Aug 13 - 1st shift in gatehouse
Sat Aug 20 - 1st shift in gatehouse
Sat Aug 27 - 1st shift in gatehouse
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2016 10:36 am

I have taken myself off of the August overtime; told my supervisor this morning that I am done, that the other guards who work on that side can start stepping up. I like the extra money, but man...
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 1:39 pm

Talk about going full circle!

As always, in case there are any spies here, I am not going to mention any names.

A local shipyard has contacted my company, asking for some extra coverage... ten weeks worth. Our job would be to sit within the hull of a ship they're constructing. Of course, I immediately jumped at the chance, especially considering the base pay is more than my current. (and then the overtime on top of it? Oooo-wee).

The funny thing about all this is that I first started working security at that facility. I do not know if it is the same company or not that came in after me, but it's ironic in that they wouldn't hire me on, but they'll ask for my help. HA, this is going to be great!

I won't know any schedule of whatever until this Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 10:06 am

Wednesday has come and gone, and the only thing that I've been told is that I'm to attend the shipyard's safety training on January 23rd and that the overtime schedules will be released then. I hope it isn't going to be one of those things where we're having to work that very same day, would be nice to be given some sort of notice.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 3:37 pm

I've been forgetting to post here, remembering, forgetting, and so on. But here it goes. Please note that some of the dates have come and passed.

Thursday January 19, 7a to 7p, shipyard
Friday January 20, 7a to 7p, shipyard
Saturday January 21, 7a to 7p, shipyard
Sunday January 22, 7a to 7p, shipyard

Saturday January 29, 7a to 7p, shipyard
Sunday January 30, 7a to 7p, shipyard

Sunday February 5, 7a to 7p, shipyard

Why no February 4th? It came down to either working on that Friday (a day I put in a vacation for) or that Saturday... would rather have the Saturday off. Besides, this then saves a vacation day for me.

There will be more weekends and more shifts coming up. This past week has seen a couple changes already, but nothing can be released too far in advanced it seems. A lot of overtime, but the pay is worth it: the base pay is about $3 more than what I'm making at my normal position, and this contract is writing so that this is the pay that'll be charged as OT... I'm pretty much doubling my paycheck each week. At least that's what was said, I won't know for certain until next week.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 9:27 am

Seems I'll be over at MMC every Saturday and Sunday until... sometime spring. The estimate is eight more weeks, so it can go either way. Gail's saying that's an extreme amount of overtime and that one really can't work for so long without a day off, to which I agree. BUT, I don't see this as "work" so big deal, I sit and stare all day (but get paid handsomely for it), and that way I look at it, one weekend is automobile insurance for 6 months, another weekend is new glasses for Gail and Steve, two weekends would be new brakes for the Trailblazer, and so on. We can pay for everything as it is without worry or concern, it's just nice being able to pay with "extra" money than out of budget,

If that makes any sense.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 2:06 pm

As of right now, I am done with overtime at MMC. After going 38 days straight, with a couple more to go in this week, I just couldn't take it any more. I've been getting really irritable lately, reading too much into some things, expressing myself differently. It isn't as if I'm actually working, it's just the mental exhaustion.

The reason I cancelled my overtime... yes, I cancelled it... is because I had asked for Saturday March 11 off. I normally don't work Saturdays, and as this overtime was voluntary, I reasoned why not. But then the district office wanted me to submit a vacation request for it, which I did not like. As I said, normal day off, not wanting to volunteer that day. So I decided enough is enough and I "humbly request that I be withdrawn from any further overtime regarding this post." I was nice about things, told them I would finish up the month, as they would then have two weeks to find a replacement.

About a half hour ago my site supervisor called and asked me if I would give up this weekend as well. Know what? Screw it, why not. So yay, all done!
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 10:01 am

Well that didn't take long.

After having one weekend off... ONE WEEKEND... I've been asked if I can come back on and work some overtime at MMC. Seems the contract was extended, and one of the guards working needs to go back to his normal site (lives in Escanaba, works at Marquette or something like that); then too there's the fact that out of Marinette, Green Bay, Oshkosk, and any other contract site, I'm the only one available.

*sigh*

Was asked if I could do anything. A weekend here or there. A shift here or there. Something. Anything. So I broke down, said I would do every Sunday under the condition that, if I need to back out of a day every once in a while, that I could. They agreed. I also said that if they needed me to start two Sundays from now (the 12th), great, but if they needed me to start this Sunday, I would if I had to; oh no, no the 12th would be just fine.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 7:47 am

Overtime at the shipyard is "officially" at a close, with both verbal and written confirmation... though it seems kind of weird, seeing as how one of the boats is still behind by a couple weeks, and rumor has it that there's something wrong with a second. Finally, I can start having weekends off again, at least, after this coming weekend as I'm still scheduled to boat-sit this Sunday March 26.

The is one slight problem though. Seems the district office screwed up somewhere, leaving them shorthanded for the entire last week of coverage. I was asked if I would mind sitting on the boat all next week, Monday through Friday, from 7a to 7p (this is in addition to my coming in on Sunday). Before I responded, I grabbed my calculator and tallied the numbers: of course I'll work six twelve hour shifts on a pay scale that's $2 more than what I make an hour, for I take pride in my company. The fact that that particular paycheck will be three times the amount I normally make has nothing to do with my decision at all.

I just have to keep telling myself that this is the last of it, no more overtime. At least, of course, until my normal client company decides to fire someone.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 31, 2017 9:27 am

Houston, we have a problem

Finally, after years of telling my various supervisors, numerous district managers, state directors, and a few companies; of writing on every quarterly evaluation I have ever had under the "where do you see yourself in -" or "what to you hope to -" segments; that I want to be the guard or officer or manager that goes from site to site, that gets called out for emergencies at different locations or out of state... I finally get emailed yesterday (well, not me personally, but forwarded from district manager to supervisor to me) to see if I would be interested in going down to Houston during the flooding and relief efforts.

It took me a couple minutes to reply, only because I couldn't immediately think of a polite and professional way to say "fuck yeah".

Now, this isn't a definite thing. The offices were mainly trying to compile a list of those who were willing to go, and in turn we should know more by this afternoon or Friday at the latest. I reminded my supervisor and district manager of my evaluation responses and told them of my converted camper, that I'm ready to go right now if needed. I even said feel free to call or text me over the weekend, and I'll head out right then and there. I did admit that it was hard to sound overly anxious, especially in light of the situation.

So now I sit and wait. I've already found a route that is free of construction and tolls, one that would take me past the Gateway Arch; been wanting to see that for decades!

I'm just so excited to finally being able to do what I've been wanting to do that the job details don't even matter to me. I had to contact people to see what was what for the wife's sake: roughly $17/hour, twelve hour shifts, $65/day per diem, hotel room.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 10:41 am

upcoming overtime

Don't have a schedule yet, I'm just writing to write.

Remember all that overtime I did at the shipyard this late winter and spring? You know, working every weekend until May or June? It was good, allowed me to acquire the moving van and convert it into a sleeper/mobile office; got the family new glasses; took care of a lot of bills / put my financial plan solidly on track; and so on. Took care of a lot of things. This past summer, I slowly converted the moving van and got it to where I wanted it, and with the screening finally in place, I was ready to take it out... just wasn't going to take it out last weekend, not with it being a three day "last summer camping weekend of the year", there'd have been no place to camp! Which brings me to this weekend.

Yep, go out this weekend, try out the van for the first time, and just enjoy things. Except... except Lockheed Martin has requested additional guards to boat-sit over at MMC.

*sigh*

With coverage to last "until the end of November".

*sigh* I seem to recall them saying stuff like that before. End of January. End of February. End of March. Sometime in May. June. And then my company had to hire extra staff, who have been sitting there since June. Come to think about it, this limited time extra coverage sure has lasted a while.

Having experienced this before, I told them that I would be willing to work weekends. Not this Saturday, but starting Sunday. Would prefer just Sundays, but would work Saturdays as well if needed. Was asked if I would be willing to work on the ship during the week as well, and I said as a backup only. I also added that, because no one wants to work three months (and then some) straight, I may ask for a day off here or there, just to get my sanity back.

So anyway, there goes my camping for the year. Maybe I should try sleeping out in the back yard this Friday. Or just bring it to work with me and camp at Walmart.

Schedule will be posted when I get one.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2017 4:22 pm

Starting next Sunday (October 1st), I will be "working" every Sunday over at MMC, twelve hour shifts. There is a possibility that this may expand to include (hopefully just some) Saturdays and the occasional work week day, though I told my supervisor that that would make things difficult for her, as she would then have to get a replacement to cover my normal position.

It is my intention to have this overtime money go towards my Trailblazer payments; I have less than a year to go, so why not try to get as much done as I possibly can, right? And once that is paid off, I can snowball that money and put it towards my student loan, bust it out within a year's time.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 27, 2017 7:44 am

When it rains

Looks like, some how... for some reason... my MMC coverage has gone from every Sunday to including every Friday. My supervisor thought I would like the extra extra overtime, and reasoned that one of the guards in the gatehouse would like the overtime too (his OT would be covering for me at my normal station on Fridays).

I don't know how that works out or makes sense. If so-and-so really wanted overtime, he could take his arse over to MMC... but the thing is, he doesn't want to walk to the ship or climb up and down the stairwells (he's said this). I have no idea if this Friday stuff begins this week or next; my supervisor hasn't been too quick on finding out.

And to top it off, I received an email this morning saying that the client I'm normally scheduled to work for is going to be firing somebody today, and that they require to have a guard sitting out in the parking lot for the next week, starting this afternoon. I was asked if I'd be willing to pick up some hours Friday afternoon or any shift on Saturday; I responded by asking how that will work with my working at MMC.

So anyway, whether this week or next, I will be doing Fridays and Sundays at MMC, duration unknown.

{EDIT}

Here it is, a couple days later from when I first posted this; still haven't gotten word about Fridays, so I tracked down my supervisor and asked her (again again). She told me that those were cancelled.

You think that maybe someone could have told me? Fer cryin' out loud.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 5 EmptyMon May 07, 2018 1:33 pm

termination season begins

I'll be sitting over on the main facility's side of things Tuesday and Thursday night, 8p until midnight; I'll finally be able to use the Dog House for work, as I'll be using that van for this extra coverage, then parking it over on my side of things to catch some sleep. Yay!

Tuesday May 8th - 8p until midnight
Thursday May 10th - 8p until midnight
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Soothsayer's schedule
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
COT2 :: News and Announcements :: Scheduled Activities-
Jump to: