COT2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COT2

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Surviving Skyrim

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

Surviving Skyrim - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surviving Skyrim   Surviving Skyrim - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 7:09 pm

Okay, this is a direct response to my last post about the Markarth Murder bug. It is a potential fix, unverified on the elder scrolls wiki (maybe nobody ever tried it?). I really wanted to complete that statue quest and get it out of my journal, so I decided to try getting through the temple by sneaking. (Important note for those following my advice, the statue is in the OTHER temple...sigh...

So, snuck into the temple mentioned in the last post, the one with the guards who will restart the whole thing with your character being wanted for murder. Sneak, sneak, sneak...they see me right away cuz it's scripted that way (trust me, ordinarily they would NOT see me). Again, they yell at me, and no matter what I do, even surrendering, results in them attacking. There were only two...I knew if I ran outside all the guards would be after me...but what happened if they died while I was in sneak mode and out of sight of any other guards? Pummel, slash, stab, jump, skewer...one guard thumps to the ground with a severe case of the deads. Beat the second guard within an inch of his life (or 1/8 inch of his health status bar) and he starts running, yelling "Mercy! Please, no more!" I stood up, sheathed my weapon(s) and waited for him to come back.

This time he ran up and started the conversation again, but now when I offered to pay my fine, he said okay, and we'll have to go to the jail so all my stolen goods could be confiscated.... and a little bit of load time later, I was a free man with NO bounty in the city of Markarth!!!! I checked. I left Markarth on other business, and when I returned I was attacked by a guard, whom I killed. Turned myself in, paid the bounty, got out free, went to loot the guard's corpse... and based on a key in his possession I would say he was after me from a completely separate...um...misunderstanding.

I will point out, while the bug was active, every guard in the city would pass me and say "In the name of the Jarl, I'm ordering you to stand down!" which would start a conversation loop of me being guilty, but nothing would happen even if I offered to go to jail. It was a stupid glitch that didn't do anything besides annoy. NOW, since my 'accidental fix', the guards are talking to me in normal guard talk, and none of them start yelling about me being a traitor to the kingdom. I would say this was a successful accidental fix, and all it took was slaying an officer of the law. Pfft.... oh well. Rolling Eyes If you follow the previous post or the wiki, you shouldn't have this issue, but if you get the bug, try killing one of the offending guards. Maybe by killing one of them it resets the code to a normal dead guard routine. Will post again if this changes, but for now I'm a free man in Markarth!
Back to top Go down
http://right here...
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

PostSubject: Re: Surviving Skyrim   Surviving Skyrim - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 8:17 am

New problems fresh off the presses. I really didn't want this to become a real world narrative of how to avoid bugs, rather enjoying making it more like a book of survival tactics one might find in a crypt somewhere...but alas, poor Yorrick.... HEY! I knew him!

First, a quest type bug that IS avoidable. I will be as vague as possible here so as not to over spoil the spoilers. (OH, on a side not, my 'fix' for the Markarth guard thing...I no longer have ANY trouble with the law in Markarth, guards even properly responding to me saying I'm Thane and they need to back off...BUT if there's a guard ANYWHERE nearby I can't fast travel without the 'enemies nearby' warning. Small price to pay really). SOOOO....when you accident upon a murder investigation in Windhelm, and you decide to help out with the investigation, you find the amulet. When you go see a man about identifying said amulet, and he offers to buy it from you for XXXX amount of gold, SELL THE AMULET!!!! IF you leave his shop, you will not be able to offer it to him again! After that, it becomes a 'quest' item and cannot be dropped, sold, given, swallowed, launched, or killed. It weighs nothing, but if you're trying to organize your goods, and maybe offload useless crap to your house, this damn amulet will be stuck in your inventory forever.... and I just frickin HATE that!

NEXT...and again this one is a DOOZY for PS3 players of the 'Rim. Recently you may have noticed a HUGE increase in the amount of lock-ups and frame rate stutter issues. Bethesda recently patched the game across all platforms to remove some bugs they knew about at shipping time. The patch has caused these new bugs and errors in the PS3 version!!! Though Bethesda is currently working on a patch to fix some errors, this problem is not a priority in said patch, as they still have no idea what is causing the issues, and according to them the problem is only affecting a small number of PS3 users (they should check the various forums...small number my ass). They are currently going through the motions of requesting save game files from higher profile PS3 users who have this issue so they can analyze the saved games for clues.

And, for those who haven't seen it yet (here's hoping you don't Drinks! ) the lock-ups happen at any random time, though normally during load screens. First the screen will freeze, then MAYBE the music will freeze, maybe it won't. The PS button won't do anything, and neither will popping the disc. I can personally go anywhere from 10 minutes to 4-5 hours between lock-ups, but when they hit the only option I've tried that works is holding the power button till the PS3 beeps (though I still get an improper shutdown warning after restart, and next time I should hold the power button down till it beeps... Evil or Very Mad ). The frame rate deal also seems to happen at any old random time. I have noticed it when outdoors, inside, day, night, snowing, raining...basically all of a sudden, for no reason, the frame rates drop to approximately 10-15 frames per second and you spend a few minutes stuttering like a frostbit Khajit. cat This has lasted (for me) anywhere from a minute to 10 minutes.

One annoying, one devastating...pieces of news that could potentially make or break a relationship with the Skyrim...hope it all works good for you!!!
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

PostSubject: Re: Surviving Skyrim   Surviving Skyrim - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 8:23 am

On a happier note....
#??? - Any Dragonborn worth his or her mettle has learned a Thu'um or two. By using 'Become Ethereal' and timing it just right, it is possible to survive a fatal fall without taking any damage! Practice with it so you know how long it takes to shout it all out, then you can gauge when to release your Thu'um to survive impact.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Surviving Skyrim   Surviving Skyrim - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 10:11 pm

Funny you should mention frame-rates, as a co-worker of mine in Green Bay was telling me about this. He found a simple fix.

This issue tends to pop up in games that have quite a few hours in them, so those just starting it isn't a big deal. Only at about 80-90 hours my friend tells me (although he admits his timing could be off). Anyway, what he did was this: he turned off the autosave feature.

That's right folks. Turn off your autosave. Sure, you may die and have to back track a couple hours if you forget to save normally, but this will improve the frame rate issue.

(and I don't even have Skyrim yet. Not bad, huh?)
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

PostSubject: Re: Surviving Skyrim   Surviving Skyrim - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 10:45 pm

I did read an article in which Bethesda mentions maybe shutting the auto-save off will help. I have a few issues with their quick fix.
#1 - Shouldn't have to. They should have fixed the shit before it released.
#2 - I find it hard to believe the auto save would make that big of a difference, as it only auto saves during certain load screens. Makes no sense for the auto save to affect frame rate when it's not auto saving.
#3 - Shouldn't have to. Multi-million (billion?) dollar company should do their own troubleshooting before release.

AND...this evening I was PS3 forced to upgrade to the 1.03 patch. Two hours later, no issues with any slowness, frame rates, or lock ups. Pretty impressive since they weren't addressing this issue yet... hmmmmm....
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Surviving Skyrim   Surviving Skyrim - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 7:16 am

I agree whole heartedly... I would rather see a delay in a game's release instead of having the game come out and patch releases (RELEASES!) the same day and more. Hell, there's been times where patches were announced even before the game was released... how screwy is that?

If there's a known issue, fix the damn thing. Why have valued customers be put on hold, why make them frustrated?

I grow tired of the PS3 updating system, especially since it seems most of these updates don't even tell you what is being updated or why. Remember when they would tell you? But now I have to sit and wait an hour or so because they want to add an NHL icon to the video subgroup? What? Why the hell are they making me update for services I have to pay / subscribe to, when I don't want them? They should have an update center feature with a list of downloadable updates that you can pick and choose from, just like what Windows does.

Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Surviving Skyrim   Surviving Skyrim - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 11:22 pm

This is not a survival tip for Skyrim... I haven't the game time put in it like the rest of you (as of this writing, only four hours). But I have noted a bug, and a funny one at that, one which I would like to share.

By the way, I am following the Nord storyline (ie, I went with the Nord into the Keep instead of staying with the Imperial Guard).

The first village I come across (don't ask me which name)... it's part of the Nord storyline, has the saw mill... anyway, there is a dog which wanders throughout the tiny village. Unlike my oldest boy, I did not kill an animal within the village while people watched: I waited until everyone was asleep and sneaked up behind the dog before killing it.

So, here is the bug: people who are walking past the dead dog still stop to pet it.

I know, maybe it isn't a bug, that in fact the village is inhabited with a bunch of people who just happen to like touching dead things. Who am I to judge?

Huh, maybe there is a survival tip in there. Don't kill any chickens inside the village!

OH! And don't attack children. Seems the little ankle-biters have nigh-invulnerability. Don't see why the rest of the villagers have to jump to their rescue for... can't hurt 'em!
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Surviving Skyrim   Surviving Skyrim - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 4:03 pm

When venturing out within the realms of Skyrim, one must always be wary of mammoths... especially those which emerge from the ground.

Apparently, the tusks which were widely believed to be used as a defensive measure are, in fact, used to assist the mighty mammoth in burrowing into the ground, where the mammoths are believed to slumber, only to emerge when a lone traveler wanders near.

The mammoth will sleep in the ground, where temperatures are not as effected by the cold winds and where the layer of dirt and vegetation assist in retaining body heat, with only its trunk exposed in order to breathe.

The emergence of the mammoth, usually from a hillside, has been witnessed on several occassions, although it must be said that the witness has yet to be standing on any hill when this occurs.

Avoid hills if at all possible!
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Surviving Skyrim   Surviving Skyrim - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Skyrim and the Law

Don't know how it happened. There I was, in an inn, and I saw a closed door. Naturally I opened it; it wasn't locked, there was no indication that the room was owned or occupied or anything. Door swings open, I look around; no one reacts to my opening of this door, and so I step in.

A quick glance shows me that the room is small, large enough for a book case and a table, maybe a barrel or two. I close the door and make my way to the table.

Oh look, pretty shinies! Crouch down... ahh, my eye icon is closed! Shinies are now mine! But wait, what's this? A voice from outside the door, accusing me of theft! What madness is this? I ponder this question as I stroll outside.

A simple guard strolls up to me, telling me of my warrant for theft. I tell him that this is a waste of his time, and happily move along. Bump into another guard, but this time I tell him that, by the Nine, I am a Thane! The fool cowers before me...

Due to my theft of some food items, I have incurred a fine of a couple dozen coin. Apparently this is enough to warrant the hiring of a group of thugs, a Dark Brotherhood assassin, and the involvment of some elf inquisitors (or whatever). Not that I mind the chance to fight, mind you. Likewise, I can always use the extra coin received from selling their items after I plunder them from their stil warm corpses. But really? A death sentence for stealing a bit of food?

Baah! Let them come! I am interested to see where this will all take me!
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

PostSubject: Re: Surviving Skyrim   Surviving Skyrim - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 11:37 pm

Ahhh...Bethesda games on the console systems. Should have titles this thread 'Surviving Skyrim bugs on the console.' Anyway, I have another spolier/warning for you folks! In Windhelm, there is an alchemist shop, wherein the owner will ask you to obtain 'The White Phial' (coincidentally the name of the quest). No problems there, except when you find the phial it's broken. Complete the quest, get some coin, yay.

Later, after completing some quests in the main storyline, you will get a courier bringing you a letter from a named person in Windhelm asking you to come right away. This is the alchemist's apprentice, and he will start you on the quest 'Repairing the Phial.' Here we go... BEFORE BEFORE BEFORE going to see him, remove any and all 'Briar Hearts' from your inventory!!!!! If you have any, the one you have to get will not count as gotten. You will be unable to eat, sell, or drop any you have as they are now quest items. Thus, you will never be able to pick one up to complete the quest!!!!

I have wrapped my head around this problem, and am about to attempt some devious shit. If it works, I will post. If it doesn't work, I will probably post my GRRRRRR. BUT, plus side is, if it works I should be able to get rid of ALL useless quest items I'm currently stuck with..... please hold.....

UPDATE: Didn't work... Sad I currently have no idea if I will ever be able to complete this quest on the PS3. It's not a miscellaneous quest either. Only after my briar heart didn't count towards the quest did I check the wiki to discover if you have a briar heart in your inventory when starting the quest, it will cause a bug. Joy. Another heart-felt and sarcastic thanks to Bethesda... Oh, so follow the above!!!! You get the note from the courier, drop, sell, or eat ALL briar hearts in your pocket BEFORE going to see the guy!!!
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Surviving Skyrim   Surviving Skyrim - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 10:44 am

Kind of the same thing with the quest... forget what it's called... but when you get drunk, pass out, and have to do some things to get a staff. One of the things you have to get is (I believe) Avlo wine. Least, I think it's spelled Avlo. Anyway, I already had 14 bottles on me, but couldn't drop any as they were ALL quest items. Mind you, you only needed one bottle.

Can't you just find and kill another Briar? That way, that heart would be the active one. Unless I'm missing something here.
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

PostSubject: Re: Surviving Skyrim   Surviving Skyrim - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 1:31 pm

It's apparently the same as the way you're describing the wine. You can kill another, the heart won't count against the quest, but it will still be a quest item. I also tried buying a heart from an alchemist, grabbing one from my chest of goodies at my house, and my desperate gamble at jailbreaking...no matter what the quest is locked if you start with any hearts in your inventory....every heart you get after that is a quest item, but will not count towards the quest. According to the wiki, if you enter the console code to say you have the heart, the rest of the quest will be normal again....good thing Bethesda let us have access to the console by hitting the tilde on the sixaxis....oh...nevermind.... Crying or Very sad

The jailbreak tactic involved dropping ALL of my good except quest items and ONE lockpick off at home, getting sent to jail (three bare-knuckle punches to a Riften guard before he got up in my grill about it), breaking out, going to the evidence chest and stealing back just what I wanted. When you go to jail, you lose all items, but are left with rags and raggy shoes, and one lockpick. However, the evidence chest will NOT have your quest items, and when you leave the jail (legal or illegal) all your quest items are returned....

FYI, I found another semi-major uh-oh this morning, but have not tested yet to see how it will affect the game. Working on a quest, I went through a door I haven't gone through in a long time, and just by going through the door I re-activated a quest I finished over a month ago.... a quest about halfway through the thieves guild questline, which I also completed a long time ago. So now, if I actively pursue this new version of the quest, will I have to go all the way through the thieves guild questline again? Are the dead people back to life? WTF....
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

PostSubject: Re: Surviving Skyrim   Surviving Skyrim - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:22 pm

Another bug or two, complete disgust building up....was at the end of my patience and ready to just finish the main quest and put the game away until MAYBE hearing they fixed it (or until I can get a new PC). But Bethesda knows what they're doing. They knew when a die-hard Elder Scrolls fan gets to his wits end, it's time to throw in a crazy old coot in a cavern under the ice. Oh my daedra!

If you've been completely mesmerized by tales of the Dwemer since Morrowind...if you're actively enjoying spelunking Skyrim's Dwemer ruins, and if you just HAVE to have more Dwemer knowledge, just wait. Deal with the bugs, keep playing, find the crazy old coot. And when you get to Blackreach, know that I was right in telling you it was worth it.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Surviving Skyrim   Surviving Skyrim - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 9:48 am

THIEVES GUILD BUG

This bug contains no spoilers or hints or tricks.

When doing the quests for the Thieves Guild, you will come to a point where you and two companions are in a room that is rapidly filling with water. You will (hopefully) emerge from a hole in the roof. Step out of the room, and you will have an arrow pointing you back into the room from which you came. A quick read of the current quest description has it you are in need to take with one of your companions.

So you go back into the room. Arrow points to the water service. What? You go into the water, and you will see the person with which you must speak standing there, in the water. Maybe she's walking around. But you can't talk to her, since you and she are under water.

What to do? Can't draw your weapons while submerged. Can't shout underwater, either.

Go back to the surface, walk on the land. Stand right by the shoreline, in the direction of the arrow. Now, slowly walk into the water, to the point where you are barely on the surface. Maybe back up just a little (you'll find the sweet spot in trial-and-error). Now SHOUT the shout that pushes someone into the water, indicated by the arrow. You'll know you did it right when the top center bar now has the female's name and health stat. Also, the arrow should now be moving.

What is happening is that she is swimming towards you. As soon as she breaks the surface, click X. Click X again and again while facing her... if you don't, she will swim back into the water and you'll have to do this all over again.

Took me a while to figure this out. Hope it helps.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Surviving Skyrim   Surviving Skyrim - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 11:44 am

I know this is not a tip or a hint... but after seeing this a few times, I just had to mention it. Now, I don't know if this occurs on mine or not (but I will check), nor do I know if this happens on yours, but when Soothsayer Jr Mk II plays, whenever he tends the forge, well...

His character will pull on the bellows chain while holding onto a glowing rod of heated metal. Pop! A three foot piece of steel comes forth, seemingly out of nowhere. And then, for some reason, when he begins to pound said piece of flowing rod of heated metal, his character is holding it on the glowy end, and hammering the black end.

Granted, his character has a rather low blacksmithing skill. Maybe when he raises it a few times his character will learn that the glowy end goes on the anvil to be hammered.
Back to top Go down
VaderXanth
Journeyman
VaderXanth

PostSubject: Re: Surviving Skyrim   Surviving Skyrim - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 12:29 pm

Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Surviving Skyrim   Surviving Skyrim - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 4:00 pm

Windhelm, Blood on Ice, and one nasty bug

*grumble*

Today is, what, Wednesday? Okay, so on Monday I beat the Stormcloak and dragon quests, and have been completing the cache of quests within my quest menu. Decided to get the Windhelm house so I could have all the houses / be thane to all cities. 12,000 gold? Check. Became friendly with the natives? Check.

Something's wrong with the house, can't buy it yet. Okay, fine. Did some more minor quests around the area, thinking that'll do the trick. Nope. What the hell? I'm the freaking Dragonborn, Snow-Hammer to the Brothers and Sisters of Skyrim, head of all the guilds! And you deny me my home so that I may become thane?!

I finally broke down and checked the handy book Xanth purchased for Soothsayer Mk I... oh, I see... there's a side quest I need to do; Come and go from Windhelm four times? Wait-a-minute, I've done that already simply by doing the Stormcloak missions. Oh well, I suppose I'll try it again, but this time without fast-traveling.

*pause for effect*

Nope, nothing. Go online, check the sites. Ahh... I need to arrive in Windhelm between 12am and 2am (some sites said 12am, others 2am). I did both. If I arrived early, I just waited outside the city gate until the moment was right.

Still nothing?!

Go back online. Find out that this is a buggy quest. "If the normal doesn't work, try pickpocketing Tova for the key to unlock the house. That will jump start the quest." Okay, fine. Find Tova, apparently she committed suicide after I did some not-nice-things to her for a Dark Brotherhood mission; pickpocketing was a snap. Enter the home, check around... yep, crime scene.

But no quest started.

I've even unwittingly found the murderer, and all the evidence one needs, and still nothing. STill can't even buy the house, because I need to do the quest first.

Checked some other websites, this time being very specific with my word searches. Seems that the PS3 game update 1.4 solved this issue (so it was a bug after all!). But wait, there's more! The patch will only work, get this, with new characters! HA! Yes, apparently if you were running a character when the download occurred, and you were still using that character, all the bug issues will still be in the game! You have to start ALL OVER after the patch!

What? WHAT?!

So, if you're like me and like to complete the whole game when you play it (ie, get all awards / trophies / unlock everything), good freaking luck.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Surviving Skyrim   Surviving Skyrim - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 11:57 am

Going over this thread because I recalled a few things Shadowcrunch mentioned that I am experiencing now. First off, this little comment made waaaaaay back, that I had forgotten about (and it pertains to my above post!)

Quote :
SOOOO....when you accident upon a murder investigation in Windhelm, and you decide to help out with the investigation, you find the amulet.

HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET THIS MISSION STARTED?! If you can remember, HELP!

And this one... briar hearts. I decided to finally make some potions, and the ingredients I've been hording were so numerous I couldn't run. Made A LOT of potions, unlocked A LOT of new recipes. But you know what? I couldn't use my 17 briar hearts. Huh? Says they're a quest item... Really? For what? ALL my quests don't make a mention of needing briar hearts.

Quote :
Later, after completing some quests in the main storyline, you will get a courier bringing you a letter from a named person in Windhelm asking you to come right away. This is the alchemist's apprentice, and he will start you on the quest 'Repairing the Phial.' Here we go... BEFORE BEFORE BEFORE going to see him, remove any and all 'Briar Hearts' from your inventory!!!!!

Thanks to Shadowcrunch experiencing that, and posting it here, I now know what I have to do. Thanks Shadowcrunch!

Which then brings me to these:

1. Completed all the quests for the Nightingale stuff, and yet I still can't drop the journal, says it's a quest item. Fine, whatever... it only weighs a pound or so.

2. Went dungeon crawling, and now I have this darned dagger that I can't drop because it's a quest item. What quest?!

A bug I discovered in Solitaire (err, Solitude)... in the basement, in the room with the mannequins, DON'T USE THE WEAPONS RACK! Want your weapon to disappear into the Void, never to be seen again? Go ahead, use the rack. I actually think I've come across this a couple times; I carry around a cheap iron sword to test racks before I use them.
Back to top Go down
VaderXanth
Journeyman
VaderXanth

PostSubject: Re: Surviving Skyrim   Surviving Skyrim - Page 2 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 11:13 am

Skyrim for me is all buggy. Quests won't activate and whenever I touch water or even come close, the game locks up and the damn PS3 reboots... Sad

Looks like I get to start over.. *sigh* indeed..
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

PostSubject: Re: Surviving Skyrim   Surviving Skyrim - Page 2 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 8:18 pm

VaderXanth wrote:
Skyrim for me is all buggy. Quests won't activate and whenever I touch water or even come close, the game locks up and the damn PS3 reboots... Sad

Looks like I get to start over.. *sigh* indeed..

Was reading some notable Skyrim forums, and this is apparently a well documented bug people are experiencing. The "professionals" are saying the best fix for this type of error is to keep your console away from any bodies of water or other liquids. It seems there are little bits inside your console called "circuits," and they transport "electricity" back and forth. When you "touch water", it can cause what they call a "short circuit," and oft times your system will lock up and reboot. Repeat, avoid water while playing Skyrim! Razz Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

PostSubject: Re: Surviving Skyrim   Surviving Skyrim - Page 2 EmptySun May 13, 2012 11:51 pm

Well, either Vader jinxed me, or Karma kicked my nuts due to my smartass last post. The last time I played Skyrim, I had to install the 1.5 update patch. I was all excited when one of my old quests I couldn't complete was now able to be complete. YAY! Then I was doing my runny-sneaky-jumpy thing through a Forsworn camp, and just when I had about 12 of them chasing me I said "I'll lose them by swimming through the aqueduct!" Jump. Splash. Um...hello? X. PS. START. PS (3 seconds). SELECT? ALL BUTTONS AT ONCE (not easy with human hands!)??? sigh... Mad

Thank you for your hard work and diligence, Bethesda. If you were a Japanese game company, all those involved with releasing Skyrim would have already been stabbed repeatedly by upper management.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Surviving Skyrim   Surviving Skyrim - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 4:01 pm

Luckily for you guys, or actually just the one guy who will read this anytime soon (ooh, burn), I have found the solution!

At this site, http://www.bethblog.com/2012/03/20/skyrim-1-5-available-on-steam/ you will not what the patch fixes and adds. Scroll down to the comments section, and the third comment starts a whole new line of discussion... water freezing gameplay. Sound familiar?

Quote :
On PS3: Skyrim updated 1.5

- Nice new kill cam
- Bug fixed but there is a new bug created … dunno if it’s only me but whenever I enter into water the game just crash … Please help

thanx

Now, you could read on and follow the link provided by the fine makers of Skyrim, which is http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1364560-game-freeze-after-going-underwater/ OR you could just read on and find the answer here...

Quote :
We've seen reports of users having issues with the game freezing up when entering water. If you're having this issue, head to the PlayStation XMB menu. From there go to Game>Game Data Utility. Delete the game data and title updates for Skyrim.

Note: Game Data is not the same as your game saves. As long as you're not deleting anything from the game saves folder, you'll still have your saves.

Once you restart Skyrim, you'll need to wait for the 1.5 title update to reinstall, as well as the mandatory game data install.

Nice, huh?

ALL HAIL SOOTHSAYER! Bow before my greatness, and my unwillingness to watch CCTV monitoring systems anymore!
Back to top Go down
VaderXanth
Journeyman
VaderXanth

PostSubject: Re: Surviving Skyrim   Surviving Skyrim - Page 2 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 11:07 am

soothsayer wrote:
Luckily for you guys, or actually just the one guy who will read this anytime soon (ooh, burn), I have found the solution!

Thumbs Down

Uber Xcited Uber Xcited
Back to top Go down
VaderXanth
Journeyman
VaderXanth

PostSubject: Re: Surviving Skyrim   Surviving Skyrim - Page 2 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 11:12 am

The solution worked. I was able to swim, more like bob like a dead perch, in the White River from Whiterun almost all the way to Windhelm. A few submerged boulders here and there proved no match for my Khajiit-like reflexes, however waterfalls can still apparently kill you if they're tall enough....
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Surviving Skyrim   Surviving Skyrim - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 3:17 am

Oh sure, I get a thumb's down, but the one that says not to use the PS3 in water? Not a damned thing.

Again, but this time in my best Samuel Jackson impersonation... *ahem*

Not a mother-fuckin' damned thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Surviving Skyrim   Surviving Skyrim - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Surviving Skyrim
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
COT2 :: Electronic Life :: Video Games-
Jump to: