COT2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COT2

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Surviving Skyrim

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

Surviving Skyrim - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surviving Skyrim   Surviving Skyrim - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 27, 2017 10:59 am

thieving

You know in the thief storyline how you're supposed to return the Skeleton Key, or else you'll feel Nocturnal's wrath? Every time I've played this, I returned the Key immediately, what with Kalia's story on what happens should it not be returned. I just didn't want to incur a penalty.

Turns out, you don't need to return it. I've been using it on everything. At first I was a bit paranoid, expecting one of the Twilight Guardians to hunt me down... but nope, all is good.

Kinda makes me feel silly, how paranoid I was.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Surviving Skyrim   Surviving Skyrim - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 7:46 am

Raven Rock

I came upon a side quest (within the miscellaneous category) that involved my having to go to Raven Rock to retrieve an item for... I forget his name... the wizard who helps you and Carlia in the Nightingale missions; this mission occurs at some point after you begin the wizard college stuff. Anyway...

Went to my quests, activated that quest, but nothing came up on my radar. Went to maps, scrolled around and around, and no little arrow to indicate "here I am!". Ignored this, did a few other missions, restarted the game, and still nothing.

Turns out, after a quick "Skyrim where is Raven Rock" search on google, that Raven Rock is an island that blah blah blah, and can only be gotten to by renting a boat from the docks over by Windhelm. The fee to cross over to Raven Rock will set you back 250 gold.

Raven Rock, it turns out, is the capital city? main port? of... umm... I'm sure I can look it up, but right now don't want to. This is Morrowind territory. The city is populated mainly by dark elves, followed by Drummer. How do you know this is in Morrowind? Besides the first drk elf you encounter telling you so, when you wander the shoreline, you'll come across those big floating cow-like jellyfish thingies.

There's quite a bit to explore here, so be prepared! New alchemy ingredients, new ore to mine... all those times when we're blacksmithing and see chitlin armor? Those pieces come from here.

Right now I'm currently circling the island; once done, I'll trek through the interior. Plan on clearing the island before heading back home. If memory serves, I believe you can acquire a home in this land, which will come quite handy when you get over-burdened.

**note**

I just looked it up. The name of the manor is Severin Manor, and this is only available in the Dragonborn DLC. I don't know if Raven Rock is only available in this as well or not.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Surviving Skyrim   Surviving Skyrim - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 9:22 am

Couple of glitches

Came across some game glitches that may or may not affect your play.

1. I discovered the body of Leifnarr, and now must tell his family of his death. Only problem is, I never talked to his family. This miscellaneous side quest will not clear when you get to his family; the dialogue will never open regarding his death. Leifnarr (the corpse being discovered in Broken Helm Hollow), for those interested, is married to Grosta, who runs the Heartwood Mill by a lake west of Riften. I've read that the mission can "fail" if you kill the wife, but the quest will still remain... so what's the point? I've also read if you reanimate the corpse as an undead thrall, it'll reactivate the quest, but the "you have discovered his body" quest will also still remain.

2. At a point when you do the Greybeard missions, you have the chance to ask the head greybeard if he knows of any Word of Power locations. He'll tell you about Arcwind Point (which is a really cool looking location). Go there, clear the dragon, clear multiple skeletons and drauger and frost trolls, and you'll learn the word. However... your arrow indicator still points to the word wall, and the mission doesn't clear. The only way you can fix this is if you go to Northwind Summit and learn that word; the mission at Arcwind now clears. It should be noted that if you have already learned the Northwind word before the Arcwind, you are screwed. There is also a chance that the greybeard may direct you to Arcwind to learn the word there (again); same word. There is no way to clear the mission this second time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Surviving Skyrim   Surviving Skyrim - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Surviving Skyrim
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
COT2 :: Electronic Life :: Video Games-
Jump to: