COT2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COT2

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

For the children...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

For the children... Empty
PostSubject: For the children...   For the children... EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 10:19 pm

Neat thought occurred to me earlier tonight... and it's based loosely on the early 80's TV thread wherein we try to remember what is is we lost growing up Sad. A couple weeks ago ish, I found a cartoon on Netflix streaming called Ruby Gloomy or Gloomy Ruby or some such crap, and it reminded me of that show my kids used to watch before it was removed for a more popular show like Shake It Up or House of Anubis or one of those other pieces of CRAP....now what was that show....grrrr Evil or Very Mad thinkthinkthink.... wife finally remembered it was 'Growing Up Creepie'. Why do I care? Cuz it was a pretty good show (translated: it's a modern cartoon I could tolerate), and the kids liked it. So just a little while ago I was thinking of that scenario, and remembered a few months ago I had the same issue with another show the kids used to watch till it disappeared...shorten the story, it was 'Charlie & Lola' and it got moved to 3 AM Saturday mornings...yeah... my kids better not be awake at that time yet!!!!

So...for the children. Let's assume the internet will be around for a long long time. Let's also assume that eventually our kids will be in the same boat we are about nostalgia, and they also won't be able to remember anything (my two were freaking out when I was trying to get them to remember those show names, cuz they loved those shows and what ever happened to them, and...). And one more assumption, that if this forum is still around in 10-15 years (as long as somebody posts a bump every now and then) we can share these...our thoughts...with our children. Maybe let them continue in our footsteps. Let this forum be a legacy for our 'family'... whether we ever get more members or not.

A legacy. An archive. We have access now, and we have eyes and ears enough to see what they enjoy now. Rather than 20 years down the road when nobody can remember jack squat, what if we began to archive what they like now, by stealing quotes from the wiki, stealing pics from the google...whatever it takes (internet may be here, but maybe not wiki if those miserable whiny pricks don't get their millions of dollars every year....). Anyway, I propose we make a post about a show, copy paste some plot or character info from the wiki, and embed some pics of main characters and such. Cartoons mostly, I'm thinking. I can't see ANY of the 'teen' comedy/dramas being at all memorable or have enough differences to point them out in the future except maybe like iCarly or ...um....oh yeah, Wizards of Waverly Place.

Anyway, I'm gonna drop a quick list here, and when whoever gets time, let's start doing these posts with the descriptions and pics. Don't stick to my list, add the ones you think of also...I'm just doing this list so I won't forget the ones I'm thinking of right now...

Phineas & Ferb, Growing Up Creepie, Charlie and Lola, Little Einsteins, Backyardigans, Lazy Town...um....holy crap...memory...sucks...Spongebob (shudder), the one with the resurrected King Tut (gotta look it up)...wow forgot already. More to follow. Ooh, Samurai Jack (oldest LOVED that...).

OH! Mental note...Sooth, this is 'for the children', not a memory list of shows we like Razz. So only add Adult Swim type stuff if your kids actually watch and enjoy!
Back to top Go down
http://right here...
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: For the children...   For the children... EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 7:39 am

HA! My kids did watch Adult Swim! Pfft.

Metalocolypse. Venture Brothers. Bleach. Death Note. Actually, there were quite a few anime on Adult Swim at one point...

Metalocolypse. Thats were brutals.
Back to top Go down
LadyLiterature
Mechanic
LadyLiterature

PostSubject: Re: For the children...   For the children... EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 2:22 pm

The one that had the mummy king Tut was Tutenstein.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: For the children...   For the children... EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 2:37 pm

There was an anime a few years ago with a mummy, but that was before our children's time. Something a bit more towards the age group of Soothsay Jr Mk I was Mighty Morhpin' Beatle Borgs, which he seemed to enjoy back then: three Power Ranger rip-off teens, their mechs were giant beatles (duh) and their mentor was a cheap frankenstien / dracula combo.

Other things my boys liked growing up (luckily for me, there's a nice age difference). I will keep the list limited to thigns they liked before hitting 6th grade.

Soothsayer Jr Mk I
Ahh! Real Monsters
Rocko
Rugrats
Invader Zim
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Oban
Metabots
Beyblade
YugiOh!
Power Rangers
Battle Bots
Beast Wars
Heavy Gear
Chaotic

Soothsayer Jr Mk II
The Wiggles
Spongebob
Rugrats
Zoey 101
Big Time Rush
Drake & Josh
Ned's Declassified
Marvel Super Hero Squad
Bakugan
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

PostSubject: Re: For the children...   For the children... EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 8:54 pm

STANLEY (2001) Playhouse Disney

Each episode shows Stanley (voiced by Jessica D. Stone) in a situation he does not fully understand. He discusses it with his pet goldfish Dennis before consulting the Great Big Book Of Everything, a remarkably complete zoology book aimed at young children. By observing how an animal copes with the same situation Stanley faces, or how it can overcome a similar difficulty, Stanley learns to deal with the situation himself.

For the children... Mv5bmt10

Damn, can't find a youtube vid for the "great big book of everything" song... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://right here...
VaderXanth
Journeyman
VaderXanth

PostSubject: Re: For the children...   For the children... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 8:49 pm

Bump!
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: For the children...   For the children... EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 7:24 am

Set and Serve!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For the children...   For the children... Empty

Back to top Go down

For the children...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
COT2 :: Real Life :: Video :: Television-
Jump to: