COT2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COT2

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Learn the Blender

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

Learn the Blender Empty
PostSubject: Learn the Blender   Learn the Blender EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 5:43 pm

I made some pretty amazing strides (for me anyway) recently between the open source graphics packages Makehuman and Blender. My new-found 3D friends at a different forum, when they saw some of my test renders, asked me to start making tutorials for them to start learning Makehuman and the Blender. Having never made an actual tutorial for people I don't really know, I of course said "well, okay."

Having a quick chat with the Soothsayer, I have decided to share the tutorial here, with this collection of thinkers and tinkerers. I made it a PDF, LOTS of screenshots and explanations. My 3D friends are primarily focused on Poser Pro 2012, so I was TRYING to drop the info in a way they could follow with little prior Blender experience. They don't have English as a primary language, and they say the tutorial is easy to follow and understand. So anyway, it's a PDF, and since their forum PROBABLY has a file attachment size limit, I just upped it to my google docs and dropped the link. Which is what I will do here. When you click the link, you go to google docs, and can view the PDF, but there is also a download button at google docs to download the original PDF. Hope it helps somebody. Happy Blending!

Tutorial
Back to top Go down
http://right here...
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

Learn the Blender Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learn the Blender   Learn the Blender EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 7:52 am

Huh. When I first checked this post, I noticed there was no link. Apparently you have to be logged in to see such things.

I really have nothing to contribute.
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

Learn the Blender Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learn the Blender   Learn the Blender EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 12:03 pm

Quote :
I really have nothing to contribute.

At least he's finally starting to realize it...

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! Cool
Back to top Go down
VaderXanth
Journeyman
VaderXanth

Learn the Blender Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learn the Blender   Learn the Blender EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 7:17 pm

Holy Crap Nice Tut!!!!! Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

Learn the Blender Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learn the Blender   Learn the Blender EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 1:53 am

Update: After making the tutorial, when I was supposed to get back to trying to make "poseable" clothing to go with my figures, I instead got stuck on trying to make hair using Blender's hair particle system. When I kept saying I had to get back on clothes, I instead kept making attempts at hair. I feel confident I have a decent grasp now. Starting with the same technique from the tutorial to get a figure from Makehuman to Blender, I then went through the process of the hair particles, and my first official test run looks like:
Learn the Blender Testha10

The hair works with physical simulation dynamics, like gravity and wind and such, and these effects along with figure movement will give realistic results with "whipping" or "bouncing" hair. Only problem there is I (so far) can't get the hair particles to collide with the body, so the hair chops through shoulders and chins and such. For now, with the work I'm doing on stills, I can use Blender's particle editor mode to digitally comb the hair around the body, hopefully giving me somewhat realistic results. At any rate, even the above pic is 1000 times better than I could have drawn by hand, so YAY!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Learn the Blender Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learn the Blender   Learn the Blender Empty

Back to top Go down

Learn the Blender
Page 1 of 1