COT2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COT2

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I once had a dining room

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LadyLiterature
Mechanic
LadyLiterature

I once had a dining room Empty
PostSubject: I once had a dining room   I once had a dining room EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 9:47 pm

I once had a dining room but somehow it has now been turned into a library. Not really sure how this has happened. I guess it all started when I let my husband put his bookshelf next to his end of the table. Then there was the hole in the wall that is now the "Hole of Xanth" (only need 15 more to finish off the series of published Xanth books). Next came a few shelves on the wall in the corner and low and behold they now stretch over the bathroom door. Also the desktop PC is now in the dining room as well.

I must admit that I also found one of the greatest online used book stores. I'm sure most of you heard of it but halfpricedbooks.com. It is AWESOME even though shipping is a bit steep. The hubby and I just bought nine books for 25.00 (before shipping). Many that we haven't been able to find around here or in GB. Also for Valentines I bought two books for the hubby that he has been wanting forever and I've never seen them in the area and when I ordered them off of HPB they ended up shipping from the UK.

So, yes I am partly to blame for my dining/library room but when we first moved into this house the bookshelves were suppose to go in the living room not the dining room!!!!!

Well I guess this is ok as we seldom use the dining room for the intended purpose anyway. It is more used for the hubby's and my laptops and for the kids' school projects. But I must admit it was nice to have a dining room for when my family came over. The ten of us could all fit around the table but that isn't quite possible any more. Oh well I guess having the books displayed instead of in boxes is worth it. I do love looking at all of these books. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: I once had a dining room   I once had a dining room EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 4:05 pm

A library has over-taken the dining room? That is food for thought now, isn't it. Ha. Haha.

I would love to move my library from the basement up to the main level, but then again, when the kids move out, the wife and I are converting the upstairs into a library / sitting sun room, so I can wait a few more years. What I should be doing is make some shelves in our middle room (don't know what the heck it is, between kitchen and living room, but is carpeted) for the wife's frog collection.

So many possibilities, so little money.

But the library dining room does look nice. If anything, it could be your own version of the cool bookstores, where they have eats and drinks within the shelve area. Classy stuff, that is.
Back to top Go down
LadyLiterature
Mechanic
LadyLiterature

PostSubject: Re: I once had a dining room   I once had a dining room EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 12:38 am

Well folks I lost a bit more of my dining room this weekend. There was a very nice book sale held at a local church and of course the hubby and I had to attend. We alotted ourselves $60 for the book sale and spent all but $6. Now we did spend some on the kids as they asked for some books too. But a good size chunk was by us.
On Friday (the first day of the sale) we purchased some SciFi, classic and old/rare, all very nice books to add to the collection. On Saturday was the bag sale, everything you could fit into a paper grocery bag for $4 except for the old/rare. I sent the hubby first thing in the morning as I had some cooking to take care of for a party. He came home with a bag full of Alan Dean Foster and three books in German and a few other odds books. Once I was done with the cooking we went back to the sale and the kids picked up more books and I got a chance to go through and pick what I wanted. Mostly classics and old/rare books along with some things for the hubby.
Once we unpacked everything and tried fitting the books on what was the current shelf arrangement we found that we lacked enough space. So after the party it was off to Menards for more shelving.
I told the hubby it is time to start saving coin so that we can add onto the house. I was thinking a nice two floor addition about 15X20 with built in shelves from floor to ceiling with the rolling ladders and maybe a row or two of bookshelves down the middle of the room. Need to do something before our bedroom turns into what the dining room has become and I end up sleeping in the basement!
And now we are looking forward to the end of May for a 30,000 book sale in Fond Du Lac. Hopefully I will have the cash for more shelves by then.
Back to top Go down
VaderXanth
Journeyman
VaderXanth

PostSubject: Re: I once had a dining room   I once had a dining room EmptyTue May 01, 2012 11:24 am

Awesome!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I once had a dining room   I once had a dining room Empty

Back to top Go down

I once had a dining room
Page 1 of 1