COT2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COT2

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Zombie

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

Zombie Empty
PostSubject: Zombie   Zombie EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 2:25 am

I'm starting this here, because what I have to share involves the fantastical oozing over into the real, and has officially become subculture. Why... oh why...

So I'm in Kmart with the fam and the youngest has to use the restroom. "I'll be right out here by the magazines." Flip flip flip. "What the hell is this crap?"

Zombie Nation Oh dear, an actual magazine devoted to fighting undead rotters. And it's the premiere issue! Nice gun on the cover, let's see what kind of crap is inside! Neat! It's actually brought to us from the makers of Guns&Ammo magazine! Must be serious!

As I'm flipping through, shaking my head in mild disgust, I see IT. A damn cool invention that makes it all okay. The Panacea Zombie-X Chainsaw Oh yes... it's an electric chainsaw that mounts under the barrel of you favorite zombie slaying assault rifle! It is also being called an electric chain bayonet, and now that I have cost several of you an extra $500, I will attempt to find a video to put an exclamation point on the end of this post!

You're welcome! Zombie 3711883763 Razz
Back to top Go down
http://right here...
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

Zombie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie   Zombie EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 9:31 am

*laughs*

I was at K*Mart Saturday, and the same thing happened; the youngest wanted to go to the bathroom, I saw this mag and flipped through it. The chainsaw was... interesting, to say the least, but what had gotten my attention was the (damn, can't remember the name of it); it isn't a flash suppressor, but rather it attaches like one, with four rather long and pointy spikes on it.

The chainsaw isn't practical for anything zombie related; I don't know why it's even considered a weapon, what with all the splatter. And the noise factor! Even if you were trying to be stealthy in a non-zombie related attack, how the hell would a chainsaw NOT announce your attention?

But that spiked suppressor? Damn. Forget a bayonet, this is already attached, and is functional!
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

Zombie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie   Zombie EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 12:05 pm

Unless I'm mistaken, the four-pointy stabby barrel device you speak of is displayed on the big green gun on cover, correct? It does look quite dastardly!

As for your take on the chainsaw... assuming this WAS a zombie-related event... if the walking dead are at a range where you can decide between 4-pointed barrel or chainsword-bayonet, is stealth really that big of an issue anymore? Further, as the bloody teeth and rotting fingers grope at you from that kind of range, does your brain even have the capacity to register how stealthy you should continue being? Or does your instinctual "get the hell away from me!!!" kick in and chainsaws start roaring?
Back to top Go down
http://right here...
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

Zombie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie   Zombie EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 2:12 pm

Not saying a chainsaw wouldn't be effective... you would just have to take precautions against the spray created as the 'saw chews through flesh; you wouldn't want to get any material in your mouth or eyes, or any open wounds you may have.

Plus, in order to be completely effective, you would need a steady power source, whether it be battery or fuel; in a zombie apocalypse scenario, who's to say the power grid would still be operational. No power, no fuel pumps or battery rechargers.

You know what? Methinks I should start a zombie thread, but an actual research type thread. Go through everything zombie related, from anatomy to characteristics to possible sources and everything else. This would be a great exercise in not only our research abilities, but our ability to make sound and logical conclusions based on probable figures.
Back to top Go down
VaderXanth
Journeyman
VaderXanth

Zombie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie   Zombie EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 2:32 am

A few months ago whilst strolling through a local super market, I can across said magazine. After purchasing it, I drooled over the numerous pretties contained within..

In regards to the face stabber, Sooth is correct that it isn't a flash suppressor, but a dual purpose muzzle break. First and foremost it reduces the recoil by diverting the pressure released left and right, (although there will still be some upward motion). Secondly it's for stabbing things. There is even etching along the length of it which states, 'INSTRUCTIONS: FACE STAB' with an arrow pointing to the tips.... Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Zombie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie   Zombie Empty

Back to top Go down

Zombie
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
COT2 :: Real Life :: Real Fantastical-
Jump to: