COT2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COT2

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Multiplayer World News

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

Multiplayer World News Empty
PostSubject: Multiplayer World News   Multiplayer World News EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 7:23 am

Current World: Modified FTB Monsters

Okay ladies and gents... We have a hiccup happening as we speak. Due to a power outage, the boiler went offline. Oh, AND... the server went down.

Upon restarting, CRASH. Try again, CRASH. Crash logs gives me server tick blah blah in Dimensional Doors. After much forum digging, it seems this error is pretty common, right after a power outage or other improper shutdown. It has something to do with the way Dimensional Doors saves its data for each dimension. After another bunch of minutes, I discovered several possible fixes that are NOT removing the mod altogether. I am currently trying some of these methods. At least we can't say it's my fault this time! Razz Anyway, I'm working on it. BUT, we need some feedback if I can't fix it.

First, I can remove the mod. This would suck as we have a nice network of fast travel going on, and we would lose pocket dimensions. Of course, with a little elbow grease, we could rebuild a network of travel using the Enhanced Portals mod. It wouldn't take too long either. A positive to removing this mod is the removal of rifts, which would remove 99% of our Endermen, giving us back a full complement of mobs. Food for thought. Also, according to the forums, the mod can be reinstalled into a world after the fact, without killing the world.

Second, if nothing else works, a new world. Maybe without the mod. Which would SUCK in so many ways, between losing the mod and having to start over.

Think it over, discuss. I will report back when I learn something.

Back to top Go down
http://right here...
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

Multiplayer World News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer World News   Multiplayer World News EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 8:00 am

It worked. Server is back online and dimensional doors are functioning. Haven't tested all of them, so if you find any issues let me know.
Back to top Go down
http://right here...

Multiplayer World News
Page 1 of 1