COT2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COT2

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hash

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

skyrim - Hash Empty
PostSubject: Hash   skyrim - Hash EmptyFri May 01, 2015 7:20 pm

Non-important changes to the forum: hash tags.

Been toying with an idea that requires the forum to have a way to somehow link and/or tag similar topics, AND maybe have the search box actually work for a change. Looked at several other forums, and none had the level of customization forumotion provides.

Long story short, I accidentally found out forumotion added hash tags a while back, and it was a couple clicks to turn them on. I know they're silly, but they may help with this toyed idea, so I turned them on for testing purposes. IF anyone cares to use them, apparently you just convert a word to pounds with the # sign in front of it, and it should then link to every other post with the same word in pounds, regardless of location. So, for example, if I wanted this post to be located here, but have SOMETHING in it about Skyrim, I could just add #skyrim.

*Keeping in mind I also then would have to go back and add it to any older posts about skyrim if I wanted to include them. This would be a damn good way to categorize posts about different games that have similar features like #sandbox or #rts!!!
Back to top Go down
http://right here...
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

skyrim - Hash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hash   skyrim - Hash EmptySat May 02, 2015 8:47 pm

And check out that handsome toolbar at the top! No idea what it does yet, but hitting your name in the upper right gives quick access to your profile and messages... and the search box in the upper left seems to work well for finding our new hash-tagged posts! Efficiency the likes of which Tyco has never seen!!!
Back to top Go down
http://right here...

Hash
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
COT2 :: News and Announcements :: ANNOUNCEMENTS-
Jump to: