COT2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COT2

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pokemon Go

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

Pokemon Go Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon Go   Pokemon Go EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 7:17 pm

I am editing this entire thread to make it more viewer friendly; instead of having posts here and there, I'm going to try to group them together into common posts. Should additional information be needed, I'll edit / update that particular post.

Once I have group things, I'm going to start deleting the previous posts (only mine).

In keeping with introductory posts: here we shall discuss Pokemon Go, and offer hints, advice, or things we have discovered along our way.

Last edited by soothsayer on Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

Pokemon Go Empty
PostSubject: The Gym   Pokemon Go EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 7:36 pm

GYM

The information contained was found through personal experience, and not collected second hand or through different websites.

1. You can only battle a gym upon hitting trainer level 5. In battling a gym, you will have to chose which team you wish to be a member of: Valor, Mystic, and... umm... a third one. There does not seem to be any significance or difference in gameplay as far as teams go. YET.

2. When fighting in a gym (if controlled by opposing team), you can dodge attacks by swiping left or right. Rapidly tap your opponent's pokemon for your general basic attack, tap and hold for your power attack (if your power meter is full).

3. When fighting in a gym your team controls, everything is the same; your pokemon will just gain experience (or you will, I wasn't paying attention the one time I did this). You can add your pokemon to defend the gym as well; added pokemon will generate stardust that you can collect from your pokemon store.

4. If your pokemon "dies", it is returned to you; you do not have to go to the gym to claim it. Use a revive and a heal (or three or four) to bring it up to full health.

5. You do not get the use of the pokemon you have defending the gym, while it is at the gym!

Last edited by soothsayer on Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

Pokemon Go Empty
PostSubject: Pokespots   Pokemon Go EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 8:32 pm

Pokespots

These are landmark locations, appear as blue floating squares on your map. Get in range, and you can get stuff!

1. Get in range, and the stop will change appearance, from a cube into a pokeball icon (still blue). Tap it, and you should see a picture of that location.

2. Give the picture a spin! It will drop items; you will have to tap the items in order to collect them. Collected items are stored in your pokeball's item area.

3. You may see a whiteish jelly bean shaped window just above the pokestop (when initially tapped). If you have a Pokemon Lure, you can activate it within that window. For 30 minutes, that Pokestop will attract pokemon. BONUS: other pokemon trainers can come over and use that lure as well! If you are walking around and see a pokestop with little hearts moving around it, that means a lure is active; you can go to that stop and wait for pokemon to arrive as well.

4. Pokestops "refresh" about every five minutes, so you can park it, hang out, and collect stuff all evening if you like.

Last edited by soothsayer on Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

Pokemon Go Empty
PostSubject: Collecting   Pokemon Go EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 7:19 am

Collecting Pokemon

1.  It's said that water types are more commonly found by water, dark pokemon come out at night, and so on.  That may be true, but I've found more water types inland and more dark during the day.  As the game just game out, I am sure things will be fixed.

2.  I've come across four different wild pokemon, as indicated by their capture ring: green, yellow, light orange, dark orange.  Green are easy to catch, and have a low combat rating... yellow, between easy and medium... light orange medium to hard... dark orange rather hard.  For now (I'm only level 10).  It is said that they get easier to capture as the colored circle decreases in size, but I can't honestly say, seems to be the same.

3.  If you are trying to capture a high or difficult pokemon, use a Razz Berry!  Lower right corner of your device is a backpack icon; tap it to bring up your inventory.  Select a berry, fling it at the pokemon, and the color wheel might weaken or the pokemon may get a heart encircling it's head.  The pokemon is now easier to capture.

4.  If you have a duplicate pokemon, you can transfer it to Professor Willow to gain experience points and a candy in the flavor of the pokemon you just traded.  Use that candy to power up or evolve the pokemon of the same species.  

5.  Transfer the weaker of your pokemon!  That should just go without saying.

6.  If you have two of the same pokemon, evolve the one with the higher stats in order to get an evolved pokemon with even higher stats.  Again, duh.  A 67 CP bellsprout will evolve into a more powerful Weepinbell that a level 14... or even a level 66... bellsprout.  What I found is that, if you power up your basic pokemon first, the evolved form is mighty indeed!  I leveled up an eevee up to 240 CP (caught at 170), evolved it, and got a 666 CP Flareon.  Ooooo.

7.  If you activate an incense (within items), it acts the same way as a lure, except it only affects you and will follow you.

Last edited by soothsayer on Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

Pokemon Go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Go   Pokemon Go EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 11:48 pm

Chance? Seems like all the cool sounding ones are in Crivitz! And srsly, am I the only one who hasn't tried catching the little bastards INSIDE walmart?! C'mon guys!!!
Back to top Go down
http://right here...
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

Pokemon Go Empty
PostSubject: Who am I?   Pokemon Go EmptyTue Jul 12, 2016 7:26 am

My profile

I am umbradominus of Team Mystic.  Currently level 10.  Below is a list of what I've caught (or hatched) and where; some locations seem to spawn more pokemon than others, so it is my intention that others can see where they can go to find what.

Eevee - gatehouse
Pidgeotto - near gatehouse
Nidoran (male) - Walmart parking lot by Garden Center area
Nidoran (female) - Walmart by crafting section
**In the cartoons and gameboy games, the nidoran were the only ones who had a distinction of sexes; I do not know if that will play out on Go**
Gastly - Walmart's back entrance, by the furniture store; over by the cargo boxes
Koffing - Crivitz Pharmacy
Drowzee - intersection of Carney and Parnel; was another in Walmart
Spearow (one of two) - just outside gatehouse by flag
Venonat - across the street from my house, by baseball diamond fence
Zubat - parking lot area across street from Marinette's Citgo
Rattata - where is this rat not?
Oddish - around my house
Pidgey - around my house, and it's a vermin just like the rat so easy to find
Spearow - in my living room
Weedle - caught in my yard, but there's a lot in Walmart
Kakuna - my yard, Walmart has some as well
Bellsprout - K&K Warehouse parking lot, across from Arial or whatever it's called
Charmander - my starter
Caterpie - in my living room
Paras - just off my garage in the side yard
Ekans - hatched with egg collected from a Pokestop in Crivitz (5km hatch time)
Raticate - entrance to my building's parking lot
Beedrill - finally caught one, over by Walgreen's
Magikarp - hatched from a collected egg, Crivitz library Pokestop (2km hatch time)
Vulpix - roaming the parking lot across the street from me; lost it due to loss of connection.  Grrrrr
Meowth - Fire School front door.
Scyther - from a 10km egg
Exeggcute - parking lot across street from 112
Poliwag - Menominee water front, by the boat launch
Seadra - Stephenson Island
Staryu - middle of the road by me... so much for water types being near water!
Metapod - Piggly Wiggly parking lot
Gloom - Piggly Wiggly parking lot
Krabby - Citgo station in Crivitz
Horsea - by a methodist church on some side road near Carney
Bulbasaur - couple blocks behind St Mary's in Crivitz
Flareon - evolved Eevee
Nidorina - evolved Nidoran (male)
Shellder - Taco Bell drive through, near car wash
Fearow - Walmart parking lot, side of grocery area
Hitmonlee - hatched from egg
Jiggly puff - Mobile Express on Cleveland Ave
Geodude - train tracks by the former Trackside Saloon in Crivitz
Vaporeon - evolved.water type Eeve
Venomoth - evolved Venonat
Kingler - Witt Ford Auto Collision parking lot, Crivitz
Goldeen -
Weepinbell -
Pikachu -
Metapod -
Pigeot -  
Omanyte - hatched
Seel - Walmart, by Subway
Haunter - behind Crivitz' Citgo
Jolteon - evolved and eevee
Psyduck - somewhere in Marinette, map isn't coming up right now
Hypno - evolved a drowzee
Voltorb - Dunlap Square in Marinette

Pokemon I have seen, but have not been able to catch yet; I have seen their silhouettes, with a couple of them actually becoming revealed on the map.

Parasect - Crivitz McDonald's parking lot
Tauros - B130 lobby
Wartortle - middle of Crivitz, some side road
Clefable - On some side road while going through Marinettte
Abra - on road between Hardee's and Walgreens, heading towards City Park
Dewgong - started showing up while driving through Crivitz; tracked it down to two feet, lost it
Slowpoke - somewhere in vicinity of Subway / Country Inn / Goodwill
Butterfree - guardshack in Marinette
Golbat - by Bookworld
Squirtle - Walmart parking lot, near new hospital
Golduck - Menominee Marina, near boat launch

Last edited by soothsayer on Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:32 am; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

Pokemon Go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Go   Pokemon Go EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 3:12 pm

I've changed this thread a little bit, as you can see.  I've grouped similar posts together so that stuff would be easier to find.

So, out of curiosity, who is all in your top nine list?  Looking forward to powering up and then evolving Pidgeotto... Pidgeot is close to being maxed out (as far as what I can afford stardust-wise), so I'm hoping that when evolved, it'll be somewhere around -eot's number.  Let it be known that most of these evolved pokemon are not the one's I initially had; the higher the trainer level, the higher CP pokemon you'll find.  Since I am keeping one of everything, I am hoping to just get higher and higher numbers, feeding the weaker ones to make the tougher ones more powerful.

Pokemon Go Screen11

{EDIT}

The above list changed real quick in these past twelve hours or so. Evolved a couple things, caught some higher tier one creatures than what I already had as level two... I'm thinking, for me at least, I'll stay away from creating such lists. Since the pokemon you catch reflect the level of trainer you are, such a list would be pointless anyway.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

Pokemon Go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Go   Pokemon Go EmptyMon Aug 01, 2016 8:15 am

In case anyone is still playing this besides myself, some updates rolled out this past weekend.

1. You can customize your avatar any time during game play, not just in character creation.

2. The pokemon footprints have been removed; you will not know how close you are to a pokemon now, other than that "it is in the area".

3. When you are in map view and press the pokemon screen in the lower right, remember how it showed what pokemon were closer than others by placement value? Not any more! The pokemon are strewn across that grid at random.

4. Battle damage points have been altered; so that gym battles are more... I don't know.

5. You will not be able to accidentally transfer a pokemon marked as "favorite".

6. Search radius has gone from 100 meters down to 70 (didn't know it extended that far out).

7. You can now catch pokemon that are 300 meters away.

I could honestly care less about all the changes with the exception of the footprints. I saw this as a roleplaying feature... you are tracking down the pokemon, you are observing signs of movement, direction of travel, and yes, following it's footprints. Removing this feature kind of robs from that.

Oh well. Isn't as if I play to actually play the game, more of a healthy time waster.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pokemon Go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Go   Pokemon Go Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Go
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
COT2 :: Electronic Life :: Mobile-
Jump to: