COT2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COT2

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Experience

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

Experience Empty
PostSubject: Experience   Experience EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 12:56 pm

I swear, the information being provided here for CoW is a lot more helpful, and a lot more in depth, that the forums of CoW itself!

Anyway, regarding experience...

Shadowcrunch and I were having a discussion; he claimed that the experience points he got from destroying an Amureta was more than what I had posted (which was preposterous, as I gave out the exact information that was seen in the message board on the left of the screen).

But, you know what? He was right. And so was I.

From what I have gathered, there are a few factors in determining experience points!

1. Depending on your level, some entities will yield either higher or lesser amounts of experience.
2. Depending on the mech used, some entities will yield either higher or lesser amounts of experience.
3. Depending on the weapons used, some entities will yield either higher or lesser amounts of experience.

Now, I don't know which one is in effect, or why this is. It seems rather silly to me that this is even taking place, as a creature should grant the same points for any level or weapon or whatever.

So, how do I know this is happening?

I'm currently harvesting in the Jupiter Gate, and killed some "basic" contaminated Amuretas. And, I happened to notice that the experience points given were LESS than what I originally posted... and as stated earlier, Shadowcrunch was receiving an amount GREATER than originally posted.

I have gone up a level or two since that post, as well as having switched units and weapons, so I cannot say with any certainty what caused the change.

Perhaps we should do an experiment, yes?
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

Experience Empty
PostSubject: Re: Experience   Experience EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 7:46 pm

I am definitely up for an experiment! Here is what I propose: take your unit with the highest load capacity, fill it to max with Sol or Antimatter, disengage your weapons (cuz this is a friendly experiment), and meet me behind to Jupiter wood shed at high noon. After I blow you up and take your resources AND write down how many XP I recieved, you will be taken back to the station...repair, take a different unit (no weapons), and come back out. We will repeat the process with all of your units, and I will write down an accurate account of how much XP I gained for each!

Ready?!

Oh, and to be a bit more helpful, I even noticed today I get different XP from the Contaminated Amureta depending on if my Kerberos is in flight mode or bot mode. WTF?!
Back to top Go down
http://right here...
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

Experience Empty
PostSubject: Re: Experience   Experience EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 8:10 pm

Now now... destroying an other unit in PVP does not grant the victor the resources carried by the unit destroyed.

I, umm, found this out the hard way.
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

Experience Empty
PostSubject: Re: Experience   Experience EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 8:57 pm

So did I. Coming home from a successful Antimatter harvest...container full to bursting....god a one-shot kill from some badass, and was left with approx 250 antimatter. OOOOOhhhh I was PISSED!!!
Back to top Go down
http://right here...
Sponsored content

Experience Empty
PostSubject: Re: Experience   Experience Empty

Back to top Go down

Experience
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
COT2 :: Archives :: Colony of War-
Jump to: