COT2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COT2

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

It's all about the Benjamins...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

It's all about the Benjamins... Empty
PostSubject: It's all about the Benjamins...   It's all about the Benjamins... EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:51 am

I'm back...very music-ey mood past few days, and wanted to share another one. FIRST...music genres have become WAY stupid IMO. I blame the internet, and free music, and classifying the millions of offbeat people uploading their hacked tunes. I'm not going to go into my own personal tirade for the third time tonight, so I will just link to the wiki's List of Popular Music Genres. Yeah...look under Rock. Math rock? Power pop? Technical Death Metal? What the hell?!

Anyway, Breaking Benjamin. I like them, but they fall into an odd category for me. I can basically forget about them, then hear one song, and I suddenly have to listen to them all. I liked every song on the 2nd and 3rd albums they released! The wiki calls them 'post-grunge or alternative rock.' I don't know...it's like they're slower than ROCK as I remember it (old singular genres), harder than POP, and way easier to understand than grunge. I find it hard to classify them, and it's not like they are my greatest band ever, but like I said...I hear a song and I have to have more. I wanna share some examples of the how and why for me and my history of liking them.

First song of their's that REALLY caught my attention...:

Next song that whacked me hard:

And finally, my current favorite of theirs...I believe the hardest song they've made so far. No official video for this, so I went with a nice Final Fantasy fan vid:
Back to top Go down
http://right here...

It's all about the Benjamins...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
COT2 :: Real Life :: Music-
Jump to: