COT2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COT2

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hobo With a Shotgun

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

Hobo With a Shotgun Empty
PostSubject: Hobo With a Shotgun   Hobo With a Shotgun EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 12:29 am

I have not enjoyed a movie in quite some time, always being let down either by high expectations or low plot quality.

Then I saw a trailer for Hobo With a Shotgun. I didn't know what to make of it... I thought it was a "fake" film trailer (don't remember where I saw the trailer, but it would have been plausible being fake). But then I found out it was a real movie.

And it stars Rutger Hauer, of Bladerunner and Hitcher fame. That threw me; if someone of that caliber is in a film like this, then it just might be something worth watching.

So I did, thanks to Netflix. I was not disappointed. It's a fun movie, albiet a bit gory; it may not be suitable for some children.

I don't want to ruin it for anyone, but the overall plot is this: a hobo (Hauer) comes into a town over-run with EXTREME amounts of crime. While in a store, three armed men come in and are about to kill the store owner and a baby... Hauer grabs a shotgun, and well, you know. He then begins to try to cleam up the town, brining down the wraith of the town's crime lord.

I highly recommend this film! It isn't the best in the world, but it doesn't try to be. It comes off as being a 70's style vigilante film, complete with "In Technicolor!" logo in the beginning, and it works. If you are a fan of shoot 'em ups, gore, or Hauer, then this film is a must see.

Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

PostSubject: Re: Hobo With a Shotgun   Hobo With a Shotgun EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 8:37 pm

Rutger does NOT get enough credit for the great work he's given us through the years!!!
Back to top Go down
http://right here...
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Hobo With a Shotgun   Hobo With a Shotgun EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 9:05 pm

Surprisingly, even Mrs Soothsayer has heard of the esteemed Rutger Hauer... and more shocking still, Ma and Pa Soothsayer said they'd check out this film because of him!

I'll have to get a copy of this.
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

PostSubject: Re: Hobo With a Shotgun   Hobo With a Shotgun EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 9:40 pm

If memory serves, my first Rutger movie was Ladyhawke. Sure, Ferris Bueller stole the screen, and nobody knew why newcomer Alfred Molina made such a great bad guy, but Rutger was the epitome of honor and regal-ness in that film. Then came Bladerunner...hoo boy...Rutger was the bad guy you could connect with.

Wanted: Dead or Alive, he kicked Gene Simmons's ass. Marv taught him a lesson in Sin City. Crap, Rutger's probably worked with more people in movies than Kevin Bacon! Just vaguely saw a mental image of Rutger in a nazi uniform, or something similar...now what the hell movie was that? Rutger...kicking ass since I can remember. Heh, and trying to find a good pic, I was reminded that he was the head vampire in the original Buffy movie! YAY Rutger!
Hobo With a Shotgun Lh_035Unflappable
Back to top Go down
http://right here...
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Hobo With a Shotgun   Hobo With a Shotgun EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 9:46 pm

The Rutger Hauer movie where he was a Nazi is Fatherland, a movie depicting if Germany won WWII. Never saw it, just googled it / IMDb. Sounds interesting.

Heh. Maybe I should rename this thread to "Great movies Rutger is in".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hobo With a Shotgun   Hobo With a Shotgun Empty

Back to top Go down

Hobo With a Shotgun
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
COT2 :: Real Life :: Video :: Movies-
Jump to: