COT2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COT2

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

AHHH! Zombies!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

AHHH! Zombies! Empty
PostSubject: AHHH! Zombies!   AHHH! Zombies! EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 10:37 pm

My wife found this, and dammit, I downloaded it right away! If anyone ever asks you what Android, zombies, and exercise have in common, now you will know! I gots to strap on my shoes and try this! https://www.zombiesrungame.com/

Since I have it installed already, actually nevermind me explaining it. The video at the top of the site explains it all! I will let you know how well it works in a couple days, if I survive.... Razz
Back to top Go down
http://right here...
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

AHHH! Zombies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: AHHH! Zombies!   AHHH! Zombies! EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 1:09 am

WAY past my bedtime, but I'm in 'cool down' mode so bed would be bad right now anyway. Lemme explain. The zombie running game I downloaded previously was NOT the one I linked to. The one I downloaded was a free (and pathetic) attempt at something similar. Only good thing about the free one is it uses google maps and GPS to actually give you zombies in your area...bad part(s) of that being google maps doesn't really know where streets and/or buildings are, so zombies run through houses while you have to follow the laws of physics, AND you constantly have to look at your phone!

So, the app I linked to in the previous post cost $8. It was the first app I ever paid for, so I wanted to test it out before the money back option ran out. So I got it all set up and I ran...and walked. First thing to note, the half-ass independent voice actors they got did an AWESOME job! Second thing, I am WAY out of shape (more on that in a minute). Third thing, if you get X amount of the way into mission 1, then stop it because the music is WAY too loud and you want to shut it off, you have to start mission 1 all over again... Evil or Very Mad That said, here's a little advice: before you do anything, go into settings and SHUT OFF music! When the music kicks in, you won't be able to hear a damn thing the 'game' says, but you will still hear the story parts done by the voice actors. Also apparently the song shuffle doesn't work right.

Okay, that out of the way...I SURVIVED THE FIRST MISSION!!! Actually, I don't know if it's possible to lose, as I did a lot of walking, but just in case, I jogged whenever Sam Yao (radio operator at Abel township) told me Zombies were gaining on me, and I started hearing the moaning and hungriness, cuz they smelled massive quantities of USDA brains in here. scratch

Was it worth it? Well, apart from some walking, I RAN and jogged. Furthermore, the story and voice acting are done well enough I want to get back out there and see where it leads me. AND AND AND...my legs hurt like a mofo and every inch of me that's covered by clothing (or the hair on my noggin) is currently dripping with ewwwww.

There are issues (apart from my sore legs and sticky ball sweat), like the music is a big one. One of the reviewers said he uses an app called Endomondo to run his music in the background, as well as track some stats that Zombies doesn't track yet. So, since I did the same thing (minus the music for now), I have a link to a post about that app, and my endomondo stats from my first zombie walk/run... https://cot2.forumotion.com/t253-fitness#974
Back to top Go down
VaderXanth
Journeyman
VaderXanth

AHHH! Zombies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: AHHH! Zombies!   AHHH! Zombies! EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 1:25 pm

I added to my Google Play Wallet (?) my credit card number and I am currently downloading 'Zombies, Run!'.
Back to top Go down
VaderXanth
Journeyman
VaderXanth

AHHH! Zombies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: AHHH! Zombies!   AHHH! Zombies! EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 1:48 pm

Alright... 'Zombies, Run!' force closes every time I open it. What app is it that you have so I know what to get....
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

AHHH! Zombies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: AHHH! Zombies!   AHHH! Zombies! EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 9:30 pm

When you ask what app I have, I'm assuming you're referring to Endomondo, which is the app/site I use for tracking runs, walks, cycling, and pretty much anything else I plan to physically do in the future. The fact that Zombies force closes on you sucks big big time! If you didn't return it within the 15 minutes on Google Play, I would say register on the site and fire them a support ticket. They get back at ya in pretty decent time. Unfortunately they don't have a forum yet, but apparently there's a... um... community on twitter for discussions. Maybe someone there has a trick or something. The rest of this is me bitching about Android, and is not relevant to the problem....

That's one of the only issues that really bugs me about Android. It's a standardized OS, and apps have to pass the muster of Google geeks before they can be marketed. I realize they can't test every app on every device, but it's all standardized! Then when you read reviews (talking about apps in general now) and 5 people with the Samsung Tuchdascreen have force close issues, while 20 others with the same unit don't have issues... how in the hell can that happen?! A lot of app reviews I've been reading lately, people have been complaining how App-X worked fine on their HTC Wunderdwoid until the latest update, then the app will run once and force close until they reboot the phone. So it is an app thing? An HTC thing? A carrier thing?

I know each carrier shoves their own software in there, and it's IN there, so maybe they run root privileges to make sure they have full install powers? I know I can't uninstall my sprint store app, so they must do something rooty. But none of that SHOULD affect the proper operation of an app from one user to the next, because the app runs on droid, and droid is standardized! I just don't get it...
Back to top Go down
VaderXanth
Journeyman
VaderXanth

AHHH! Zombies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: AHHH! Zombies!   AHHH! Zombies! EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:55 pm

Shadowcrunch wrote:
When you ask what app I have, I'm assuming you're referring to Endomondo, which is the app/site I use for tracking runs, walks, cycling, and pretty much anything else I plan to physically do in the future.

Face Slap

Ummm.. actually I was asking about the Zombie one.. I have 'Endo' already and that one works like a charm....
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

AHHH! Zombies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: AHHH! Zombies!   AHHH! Zombies! EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 3:52 am

My bad. I assumed the $7.99 price mentioned earlier would identify it on the market. To make 100% sure there's no mistake, here's the link to the app on the google play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sixtostart.zombiesrun

Humph. One of the reviews visible at the time I took the link mentions that the latest update gave him/her a force crash every time (on an HTC Desire). Anyway, that's the one I have.
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

AHHH! Zombies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: AHHH! Zombies!   AHHH! Zombies! EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:00 am

Oh good gravy...sigh...I looked at the "other people also installed" section on the above link, and found a free app with the whole exercise thing going on. Gonna watch the vids when I get home and see what it's all about, but instead of zombies, it looks like you get a kung fu animal, and your exercises allow you to level up and do some RPG type stuff. Could be fun! Here's a link to the play page for that... damn long link!
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

AHHH! Zombies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: AHHH! Zombies!   AHHH! Zombies! EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:07 am

VaderXanth wrote:
I have 'Endo' already and that one works like a charm....

You have not shared any of your workouts on FB! Razz
Back to top Go down
VaderXanth
Journeyman
VaderXanth

AHHH! Zombies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: AHHH! Zombies!   AHHH! Zombies! EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 1:00 am

Who would think that when you purchase an app, it would be an older version? What ended up happening is that I had wait for my phone to figure out what all needed updating. No Lo and behold, there was Zombies, Run!

After an 8.?? MB update I tried the app and to my satisfaction, it worked. So now not only do I have in good working order: Zombies, Run! and Endomondo, but I also have Healthy Heroes. cheers

Since I was awaiting a resolution to the Zombie app, I snagged the animal app which you linked. Looked rather neat!!

I started it up and registered, chose the side of good and chose my character. There were only 4 characters to chose from. A 'Wildcat' looking creature, a robot, a Kung-fu panda and a catroony Minotaur. Both sides have the same characters, just different versions of them. So with all of that done, I clicked 'next' to get to the meat and taters of it....

I had to do a quick power walk for 200m in order to 'wake up' my character. I was in no mood to do that, but what else was there to do? I went outside and walked around my house a couple of times checking my phone every now and then to see if anything was happening. I watched as my last few steps took me to the required amount. Ta-daaa! My character popped up and I was ready to begin. Thumbs Up

There are stats; Intellect, Strength, Agility and Stamina. Working out at the gym will raise your strength while running outdoors will increase your stamina. There's a bit to learn of this one, including how to challenge another 'Healthy Heroes' user...

I still have to register with Endomondo.... Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

AHHH! Zombies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: AHHH! Zombies!   AHHH! Zombies! Empty

Back to top Go down

AHHH! Zombies!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
COT2 :: Electronic Life :: Mobile :: App Suggestions and Reviews-
Jump to: