COT2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COT2

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Torn

Go down 
AuthorMessage
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

Torn Empty
PostSubject: Torn   Torn EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 1:55 pm

To you, who may or may not know, Vader's and my grandmother is finally dying (it would seem). Been in the hospital for quite some time now, and, although her mind is apparently still quite active, her body is slowly giving up. There's more to it, but this is neither the time nor place.

Some of you may have heard our stories of our grandmother, and with that, her going won't be a sad thing. It won't be a happy thing mind you... perhaps a bit of indifference. She's said and done things that are, well, not proper (all things considered) to say the least, in particular to our father and our parent's marriage in general. But, and I'm only speaking for myself here, time tends to erase, or fade, certain things. It's been over 25 years since she's played a part in our lives, far more away than the years involved.

I don't hate her. I don't like her, but I don't hate her, and the things with which I dislike her for are things that she didn't do to me, but what she did towards others. And thus, my indifference towards her dying. I just don't care if she dies or lives. My wife has met her, as have both my children, and I suppose in that regard things are fine. People should be remembered; Mrs Soothsayer has heard the stories, but my children have not (or rather not the good, err bad? ones), and so they'll remember her differently.

The only part that I feel badly in this regard is my mother, my grandmother's daughter. Family is family, and though she (my mom) has been caught in the middle of my father and grandmother, or us boys and our grandmother, or or or, she (my grandmother) is still her (my mom) mom. Death comes when it comes, whether young or old, and at 86, my grandmother's death is probably close to being due anyway. Doesn't make my mom's pain any less.

Anyway, just putting this out there.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

Torn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torn   Torn EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 8:05 am

Depending on how you look at it, whether it's about time or too soon, Vader's and my grandmother died last night (Sunday, March 10). And again, I am rather neutral about this, it isn't affecting me, but, as would be expected, it is affecting my mom.

Anyway, there's that.
Back to top Go down

Torn
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
COT2 :: Real Life :: In Memoriam-
Jump to: