COT2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COT2

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

NLPRS, updates and information

Go down 
AuthorMessage
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

NLPRS, updates and information Empty
PostSubject: NLPRS, updates and information   NLPRS, updates and information EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 7:51 pm

Hope you fellows don't mind, but I'm going to kind of expand my horizons a bit here, post some updates from a project of mine.  As a member of a collection of thinkers, you have to admit that sometimes we'd have to think outside the box, yes?

Tomorrow, or maybe the day after... definitely within the week...  I'll be removing the various posts of NLPRS from the various threads and placing them here.  It just gets so confusing having the same thing mentioned allo over the place!

And, as stated elsewhere (soon to be stated only here), I won't be soliciting for you guys to join, although I will ask for help from time to time.  I may ask to borrow something, or ask for research type help for something, or, as in this immediate case, I may propose something with which I would actually need your physical help; cases such as that will be asked well ahead of time.

For example: I'm planning one out of two trips for next summer.  These are going to be extended trips due to the fact that they are rather distant, and that there would be a lot of ground to cover.  I'm looking at (hopefully) being gone for no more than five days for either of these trips, not counting the drive to (but counting the drive back).  I also figure that, depending on timing and schedules, that two or three days of vacation may be used.

The trips?  Macinaw Island MI and Devil's Lake WI.  I'll post more about both of these within the coming week on my site, but I'll toss an update on here to let you guys know when information has been added.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: NLPRS, updates and information   NLPRS, updates and information EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 10:27 am

I know at least one of you has made mention that he wanted to tag along the next time we head up to McClintock Park. This is not that announcement. Won't be heading there until probably May or June. But this is a trip announcement.

We'll be heading to Devil's Lake on Friday July 25th, and departing on Monday July 28, for a three day three night working vacation. We'll be checking the sites, enjoying the scenery and time away from work and home, while also investigating the surrounding effigy mounds and legends of the area. Plenty of time for both investigation and fun!

I've a camp site reserved, the only "tents only" site that has power hook ups. If anyone is interested in joining me, please let me know. I'd really like it!

I've got a few tents: one 12' by 9', one adult sized dome tent that could hold one comfortably (or two romantically), and one dome that holds either one large kid or a small adult. I've also got three or four sleeping bags, if anyone was in need of borrowing something. I've also got two air mattresses and one "self inflating" cushion mat... think of it as an exercise mat that rolls up.

I will be bringing some electronic devices. Have a portable electric stove top, coffee maker (even plugs into a car lighter assembly... scary), and an electric griddle for this trip, not to mention a dvd player and a few handheld gaming devices, so it won't as if people will be booooooorrred. Oh, have three or four fishing rods as well, if anyone wanted to partake.

So yeah, if you'd like to come, just let me know. We aren't allowed to set up camp until {checking email} 3p, so we'd be leaving Crivitz at about 11a. It's a 3 hour 20 minute drive according to Google, and I'm factoring in some pit stops.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: NLPRS, updates and information   NLPRS, updates and information EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 4:16 pm

As a sort of advanced notice, it looks like I might, might, go up to McClintock this coming weekend, but it is unknown if we'd be spending the night(s) or not... it's supposed to rain Friday and Sunday. If anyone was still interested on going up there, let me know.

Also, an update for my group. I've always seen my team as being all encompassing for the paranormal, including such things as cryptozoology and UFOs, but sadly it seems that most people associate the paranormal with ghosts. I had attended a paranormal conference down in Milwaukee this past Saturday, and I was happily surprised to see that there were like minded individuals there. (On a side note, someone should tell the staff of Destination Truth that he can't investigate 80% of the things he does).

Anyway, I just wanted to add real quick that I've taken steps to expand NLPRS's investigative role: I've met and talked with a representative of MUFON, and have since filed an application to become a field investigator for that organization. I may not be able to say NLPRS is now affiliated with that established and internationally recognized group, but there's nothing to say I can't add that to my title as far as my team goes.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: NLPRS, updates and information   NLPRS, updates and information EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 3:05 pm

As of today, I am officially a Field Investigator for MUFON. This doesn't detract from my actions with NLPRS; if anything, it'll enhance them by giving me access to assets that I wouldn't normally have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NLPRS, updates and information   NLPRS, updates and information Empty

Back to top Go down

NLPRS, updates and information
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
COT2 :: Real Life :: Real Fantastical-
Jump to: