COT2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COT2

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Facebook

Go down 
3 posters

Should COT2 forums connect with Facebook?
Yes
Facebook I_vote_lcap0%Facebook I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No
Facebook I_vote_lcap100%Facebook I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 2 ]
Hell No
 0% [ 0 ]
What, no Twitter?
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Facebook Empty
PostSubject: Facebook   Facebook EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 8:10 pm

This forum has the ability to somehow connect to Facebook. We're not sure how any of it works yet, but in the module installation instructions it explains that our members would have something about this forum on their Facebooks. Then, their friends/contacts would be able to browse or join this forum directly from their own facebooks...apparently. Though this Admin is a stubborn prick and avoids the Facebook like a bad STD, I know it would be unfair to our members to not turn this on just because of my opinions. SO, I'm making a poll, to ask our members for THEIR opinions, and to test the poll system.

Again, basic point of the poll is determining if we turn on Facebook connectivity. When voting, keep in mind that this MIGHT make the forum membership expand a bit, or at least make it easier for your friends and family to read more about your interests. So don't forget to check the poll, vote, and lemme know immediately if the damn thing doesn't work!!! (oh, I think it's preset so that only registered members can vote right now, so guests probably can't)
Back to top Go down
https://cot2.forumotion.com
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

Facebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 9:06 pm

I'm on Facebook, and I still say "no". Those of us on here that have Facebook pretty much have the same contacts, and one has already pleaded with the FB people to join.

Doesn't seem as if any has.

Also, not to sound too blunt or what-have-you, but the topics for a Collection of Thinkers seems to be limited in scope; this isn't a bad thing, as it keeps a focus, but really... how many gamers do we know? Five?

This site needs a gimmick, something to draw people in... or just some damned high quality or thought provoking posts. We can then link those posts (or threads) on various boards, with the tag lines of "Hey, look what I found". Generate our own propaganda, our own self-fulfilled prophecy.

This way, we bring people in to what we have, instead of trying to draw them in with what we don't... you know what I mean?

Anywho, that's just my thought.
Back to top Go down
VaderXanth
Journeyman
VaderXanth

Facebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 12:37 am

soothsayer wrote:
Also, not to sound too blunt or what-have-you, but the topics for a Collection of Thinkers seems to be limited in scope; this isn't a bad thing, as it keeps a focus, but really... how many gamers do we know? Five?

This site needs a gimmick, something to draw people in... or just some damned high quality or thought provoking posts. We can then link those posts (or threads) on various boards, with the tag lines of "Hey, look what I found". Generate our own propaganda, our own self-fulfilled prophecy.

This way, we bring people in to what we have, instead of trying to draw them in with what we don't... you know what I mean?

I wish that I didn't agree with Soothsayer, but I do. It would have been great if more people joined upon request (pleading seems to be a bit to brash). We do need something. The propaganda idea seems nice!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Facebook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook   Facebook Empty

Back to top Go down

Facebook
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
COT2 :: News and Announcements :: ANNOUNCEMENTS-
Jump to: