COT2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COT2

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Don't take a fence

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

Don't take a fence Empty
PostSubject: Don't take a fence   Don't take a fence EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 11:39 pm

In light of recent news, and a series of texts with Soothsayer, I finally have the courage to come forward. See, all my life I have felt like I'm not really me. Like I'm a different person, living through this shell. I have lived, and been treated as, a lower class citizen, sometimes existing below the poverty level... but deep down inside, I have always identified more with someone with lots of extra cash. I have felt like my wallet should be thick and overflowing with cash, and I should be able to buy a car anytime I want just because I can. Houses? I should have several in several different states. I should be a household name!

Instead, I'm looked down upon by the wealthy. I'm classed and subclassed into an income bracket simply by how much money I have, not how much money I feel I should have. I am treated as a pawn on a rich people chess board! I go about my daily life, head hung low in shame, knowing all those wealthy noses pointed up in the air are pointed up away from me... But that's not who I am inside!

This part of me wants to come out, but I would like some help! I'm not asking for my own type of bathroom or the ability to pick where I shower. I'm just thinking this government, who doesn't want to offend anyone based on how they feel, might be willing to maybe double my income, pay for my insurance, and not make me pay any taxes. I think this should be all I would need to let that person I feel is inside come out and be a happy member of society. Or at least this would be a good starting point. Yeah, let's start there, give it some time, and if I don't feel my identity is the right one, we can negotiate more later on.... Come on, Uncle Sam, show me da money!
Back to top Go down
http://right here...
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

Don't take a fence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't take a fence   Don't take a fence EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 12:02 am

And part 2, where I get serious... because seriously, maybe offense is what we need!

So after Soothsayer, I see on the FOX news ticker that they're comparing Jenner to this white woman from the NAACP. Yep, that didn't take long, and it's just going to get stupider (see previous post). I really don't care how this pans out with the white woman in the NAACP, but since I had the idea of applying for membership a while back, I would like to make my point there. NAACP... National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. They fight against discrimination, and they are like 99% African American (black). Last I checked my crayola box O' 64, WHITE is a color. Colored People. It's not the NAA of Black People, it's the NAA of COLORED people. White is a color. Brown is a color. Yellow is a color. How many caucasian, mexican/latino, or asians are members? NOT fucking many! *OH MY GOD!!! Did you just use brown and yellow and black for peoples' races?! Yes, I did! So did Sons of Anarchy, one of the most popular shows of all time, and by doing so, they kept their race issues really easy to separate and talk about! Maybe we're spending too much time worrying about offending someone to really look at the root issues! For example, the NAACP, which is NAMED in a way to help any person of A COLOR, is actually an organization that helps African Americans. Now a white woman wants to work with them and help them, let's hang the bitch out to dry!!! Yeah, way to fight against discrimination, assholes! And I'm not saying it's blacks doing it, it's the wealthy, no matter what color, that are in charge of the organization and what's it's capable of. Do you think 99% of regular people of any color really give a shit what color person is working at that desk? Not likely.

Another part of the problem? This stupid government and it's legal system! So worried about offending someone, they make legal precedents that are going to destroy us all! Another 100 years of this shit unchecked, we're going to go full circle to having fully segregated communities, schools, and workplaces. It's going to be the only way the courts will figure we can keep races from offending each other. I don't know the number facts, which I'm sure Sooth will know exactly where to look, but how many countries are so worried about offending one person's identity that they're willing to make a law that that person can shower with the opposite gender in school? How many? Sooth? You have that number yet? How many countries allow their court systems to be overrun with people who have their feelings hurt? Not back to race, I don't give a shit what color you are, if you think it's cool to sue someone for damages because they called you a name at the bar, you're a fucking idiot! I can kindof get my answer by just imagining a people's court or judge judy scenario in Germany, Egypt, Japan, Russia.... Yeah, i'm not seeing offending someone's feelings as a legal problem anywhere but here... maybe Canada.

And I'm going to wrap up this rant with another point to ponder. Based on the people born to the wrong gender, and now the people born the wrong color, what if people who commit identity theft aren't really criminals? What if they identify themselves as a different person SOOOO much that they can only be happy if they become that person? That's actually kind of sad! I'm thinking identity thieves need help, and a supporting hand, and maybe a hug!
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

Don't take a fence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't take a fence   Don't take a fence EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 11:33 am

Don't take a fence 937dda10
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

Don't take a fence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't take a fence   Don't take a fence EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 7:20 pm

Good people! In keeping with my rant about being offensive, and avoiding making any public movements on Facebook, I come here to bitch about another something! I give you exhibit A:
Don't take a fence <a href=Don't take a fence 11430210" />
Okay, I get it, and I see what they're doing, this probably being a custom shirt for a custom family. BUT, first thing this shirt said to me? "Well I must be the best stepdad ever cuz I stepped up when your dad DIED saving you from that house fire! HA! Yeah, who's the best dad in the whole house, huh? BOOYAH!" Or, less severe, maybe stepdad is a frickin coke pimp, and real dad is busting his nuts 12 hours a day, 6 days a week to make ends meet AND pay child support AND provide for his kid's education... Okay, I guess that's kind of extreme too. There are a lot of less extreme cases where real dad didn't "step down," and I find this shirt offensive for dads that get screwed over. Could the shirt be phrased differently to make me less offended? Probably. For now, whoever phrased it that way should be beaten like a redheaded stepchi.... oh. My bad.

***EDIT: Okay, yeah, you know what would work? How about MY stepdad, MY real dad.... instead of just lumping all dads and all stepdads together. Add the word MY a couple times, suddenly I don't despise you. Fair enough?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Don't take a fence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't take a fence   Don't take a fence Empty

Back to top Go down

Don't take a fence
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
COT2 :: Real Life :: Friendly Chat-
Jump to: