COT2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COT2

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Soothsayer's Tau

Go down 
AuthorMessage
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

Soothsayer's Tau Empty
PostSubject: Soothsayer's Tau   Soothsayer's Tau EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 4:21 pm

I thought I had one thread dedicated to my Tau army, but it turns out that isn't true; got one for the Skorne and several different threads for Tau (from conversions to paint jobs).  I am hoping to combine all those Tau threads into this one.

Until then, I am going to post three brand new models that I've purchased today.  Probably shouldn't have done so, but they were impulse buys... considering I found myself with some extra cash this morning.  Now, chances are I am not going to use these models, I just bought them because I like the way they look, and, just like with my Skorne, I would like to buy one unit of everything (just to have).

And, so people don't wonder, no, I did not buy these at Games Workshop prices.  Found some much better (and much cheaper) deals on eBay.  What a bargain!

First, we have the Ghostkeel.  Appears to be equal in size to the new Broadside models, comes in at... 130 points, I think.
Soothsayer's Tau Ghostk10

Next, we have the Stormsurge.  The model is based on the Riptide frame, and comes in at about 350 points.
Soothsayer's Tau Storms11

Lastly, we have the Supremacy Armor.  This beast is huge, completely dwarfs the Riptide and Stormsurge!  It also has a point value fitting for it's size and abilities... 600 points!
Soothsayer's Tau 99020110

The Supremacy armor definitely needs a bit of something extra.  LEDs?  I don't know, but as a display model, it needs something; yes, display... I can't see us playing a massive point game to justify spending 600 points.  The cool thing about this model is that Forge sells them at 250 pounds.  No way I could afford that; luckily, there's a company in China that sells them cheaper.  Smile  The downside?  This model is made of resin.  Ugh.

{edit}

The day after I made this post, I ordered the Tau Empire Commander.  No real gaming need for it, not really, I just liked the look of it and it'll match the other kits as shown above.  Plus, it was ordered for the sake of completeness, and like the other kits mentioned, I probably will never use this. I should note that with the exception of the Supremacy Armor, these are all Games Workshop kits.

Soothsayer's Tau 99120110
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

Soothsayer's Tau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's Tau   Soothsayer's Tau EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 8:17 am

Size Does Not Matter

Posting this mainly for myself: a scale representation of the Tau battle suits.  The first is kind of grainy (taken from a Youtube image) and the second is a tad small, but I think one can get a good idea of the suit sizes.  The Supremacy armor is not represented in these images; I'll try to find one.

Note that the smallest suit in the first image is a standard Crisis Suit (then Commander and Ghostkeel); in the second, the smallest suit is a Broadside (followed by Ghostkeel, Riptide, and Stormsurge).  You can get an idea of their sizes based off of that. Seems I was wrong in my size comparisons from earlier.

Soothsayer's Tau Maxres10
Soothsayer's Tau Tauran10
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

Soothsayer's Tau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's Tau   Soothsayer's Tau EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 8:31 am

Attempt number four; first three attempts crashed, failing at the image upload.  Granted, I was using my phone to upload multiple images, but that shouldn't have done anything.  Oh well, at least now the pictures will appear normal, instead of upside down.

Over the past few overtime "working" in the shack days, I've been putting together some of my Tau models, and because it's been asked of me to post them so that the size could be seen, I thought I would do so.  The models I'm posting are the Tau Commander, Ghostkeel, Riptide, and Stormsurge.  None of these figures have primary or secondary weapons mounted, nor their support systems or defensive measures; I'll be magnetizing those pieces.

Soothsayer's Tau 20160612
I do have the Commander armor configured for the Coldstar, err, configuration, but that's only because A) it looks cool, and B) didn't want to magnetize all those wings.  He's a bit bigger than the normal Crisis Suits.

Soothsayer's Tau 20160614
Ghostkeel, a stealth suit on steroids.

Soothsayer's Tau 20160611
Riptide.  Wanted to pose him a bit differently, going to (maybe) set it up so that he's holding the primary weapon by the barrel, with the butt being on the ground.  Like an African safari hunting picture.

Soothsayer's Tau 20160613
Ahh, the Stormsurge.  Look up "tau cheese" and this will probably be in it.  Posed him a bit differently as well, as the instructions had him in a sumo wrestler squat, and his feet are supposed to be on each end of the oval bade.  Made it so that he appears to be walking, with the main weapon going down the length of the base.  Used super glue for the legs, just to give it a little bit more strength, as most of the weight is on the flat foot; the foot that is rising is only touching the base on the edge of that one hoof (not much of a contact point).

I do have two Broadsides to build, as well as the Supremacy Armor.  With the Broadsides, I'm making each one a dedicated weapon platform, one rail rifle and one missile pod system.  I have a Broadside at home, magnetized to swap out weapons, so this doesn't pose too big an issue.  I've also a few of the older models Broadsides, so it isn't as if I'd be lacking anything.  With the Supremacy, I'm definitely going to take my time with that one, paint and assemble as I go.  That'll be my showpiece figure if there ever was.

This final picture is captioned "Where's you Emperor God now?", mainly because of the Space Marine.  If I had an Ork, it'd probably be called "Do you even dakka?"

Soothsayer's Tau 20160615
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Soothsayer's Tau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's Tau   Soothsayer's Tau Empty

Back to top Go down

Soothsayer's Tau
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
COT2 :: Traditional Games :: Warhammer/40K-
Jump to: