COT2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COT2

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Beast Wars

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

Beast Wars Empty
PostSubject: Beast Wars   Beast Wars EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 7:54 pm

I was really busy at work a couple weeks ago, so I got to watching Beast Wars from the very beginning, thanks to Youtube. I’m watching this, enjoying the show, the memories of later episodes, and the fact that there were a couple Season one shows I had missed. Every so often, I’d scroll down and read the comments

There is one comment in particular that caught my eye. Its author loved the storyline, the overall plot, and even the character development, stating that you would never see the original Transformers doing half this stuff [the author was commenting on the violence and “swearing”] except for in the movies. This author then went to add that “But the graphics totally suck, I can’t believe how crappy the look.”

My eyebrows lowered, my face scrunched up a little bit. Did this little snot-nosed punk really say that? I checked his post, re-read his comment. Yep, he did. And the comment was only three weeks old!

Apparently this mistake of genetic soup didn’t realize that Beast Wars is an old cartoon, dating to the, what, late 90s? Of course the graphics suck, you moronic piece of turd residue… the show’s between 10 – 15 years old! There were time constraints, as it was put out on a weekly basis, so the rendering couldn’t be up to par with big budget movies that have months to develop! But when this show came out, it was the best damned thing out there graphically speaking, and it improved with each season! Compare the images of the first show with the last!

The jack wagon! You want to sit back and lose all sense of mind and being? Watch American Idol or Dancing With the Stars… leave your ignorant comments about my Beast Wars to yourself.

Gaah!

*sigh*

This just goes hand-in-hand with my arguments about today’s video games… an argument I know is shared with some of the members on this site. Kids don’t care about story; how many times have you seen one skip through the cut scenes? Rapidly press X to run through all the text? They want the pretty, they don’t care about the story.

That’s why the first Final Fantasy released in the US for the Nintendo system will ALWAYS be better than any FF put out since. There was a story.

That’s why I still enjoy playing my PSOne games over my PS3… story (there is a noted exception, that of the Metal Gear series, but for that you can add character development to story).

Errr… this should be for a different thread, shouldn’t it?
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

Beast Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beast Wars   Beast Wars EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 1:53 am

For great viewing pleasure, I suggest going to the link below. Of all the Beast Wars videos I've watched on Youtube, this fellow's is the best; best picture quality, best sound, and best of all no breaks. None of that "Season 1 Episode 1 Part 2/3" stuff... all of his episode uploads are intact and complete.

Go to https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=HoangTuLeeShin+beast+wars+season+1&aq=f to get started!
Back to top Go down
VaderXanth
Journeyman
VaderXanth

Beast Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beast Wars   Beast Wars EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 1:21 am

soothsayer wrote:
This just goes hand-in-hand with my arguments about today’s video games… an argument I know is shared with some of the members on this site. Kids don’t care about story; how many times have you seen one skip through the cut scenes? Rapidly press X to run through all the text? They want the pretty, they don’t care about the story.

That’s why the first Final Fantasy released in the US for the Nintendo system will ALWAYS be better than any FF put out since. There was a story.

That’s why I still enjoy playing my PSOne games over my PS3… story (there is a noted exception, that of the Metal Gear series, but for that you can add character development to story).

Errr… this should be for a different thread, shouldn’t it?

I agree with your different thread for the video games.... Heading there now Smile

(and I also agree with your turd residue Jack wagon comments) Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

Beast Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beast Wars   Beast Wars EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 8:23 pm

Finished the Beast Wars stuff... coolness! I missed most of the third season, so this was all new to me. Nicely done, but it did seem rushed near the end.

Now, onto Beast Machines!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Beast Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beast Wars   Beast Wars Empty

Back to top Go down

Beast Wars
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
COT2 :: Real Life :: Video :: Television-
Jump to: