COT2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COT2

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Battlefield Play4Free

Go down 
AuthorMessage
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

Battlefield Play4Free Empty
PostSubject: Battlefield Play4Free   Battlefield Play4Free EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 12:06 pm

Alright you tankers and mech pilots, it's time to quit your bitchin' and whinin', as the soothsayer has found a game worthy of... of... hell every type of praise imaginable.

Battlefield Play4Free, produced by EA. http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/frontpage/landingPage

Let this slosh around your noggin for a bit. Where else can you play as an infantry soldier and operate BOTH land and air assault vehicles? For free? I should also state that it is an FPS.

Anyone?

According to the Battlefield wiki, the game can support up to 32 players, and incorporates aspects of the Battlefield games.

I am currently in the build stage of my soldier... you have four basic field types to choose from: Assault (good and short to medium combat, replenishes own ammo supply), Medic (wonder what he does), Engineer (close combat at rockets), and Recon (sniper). Okay, so here we have the generic types, as can be seen in every type of FPS out there.

Okay, next step of character build... cool... select hair style / color, skin, facial hair, and name. No gender select, so apparently no women can play. Okay, click next...

Blank white screen. Huh.

Refresh. Blank white screen.

Okay, maybe if I go back to the original home page...

Nope.

*grumble*

Ahh, found my problem... luckily, the forums are accessible to guests. Apparently, a white screen will pop up on Firefox if a name is already being used (ie, Soothsayer). Yep, that did the trick! So keep that in mind, people, when you register for that game! I am now saved as "Sooth".

Next screen... click "play now", and a firefox pop up will appear, to get permission to install an add-on (if you don't have firefox, I can't help you). It will finish download / install after firefox has been restarted, so... I'll be right back.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

Battlefield Play4Free Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Play4Free   Battlefield Play4Free EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 12:23 pm

'Game is Launching" screen seems to be rather slow... just noticed that the updater is running a window behind my browser, installing the game stuff. Alrighty, so I can't go any further than what I have, due to game download / update.

So, with that said, check out the site at http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/frontpage/landingPage and check out the trailer video.

So how's this for a gaming find?

Back to top Go down

Battlefield Play4Free
Page 1 of 1