COT2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COT2

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Colors and Art

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Colors and Art Empty
PostSubject: Colors and Art   Colors and Art EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:35 pm

There has been a guest request made to brighten the background color to enhance viewing and reduce eye strain. Not a bad idea, after all. Now I get to say "OK....BUT everyone (both of you) must now be patient." Every tiny little artistic aspect of this new forum software can be tweaked, edited, and customized. It would have been simple to use the original theme and just change the background color, but that would have left all the actual art like title banners and buttons VERY off from the rest of the site. And...there was plenty of art I wanted to change on that old theme anyway.

To that end, I picked a blah-nilla theme with high contrast colors for easy viewing, added the logo I tossed together in Blender in like 5 minutes, and wallah! Yes, I know the little thumb tack icons for new/old posts look the same. I know the thumb tack in the top menu for the calendar isn't there. I know the button in the forums for replying and quoting are WAY too big. Patience. You all can read the forums, which is the most important way to start a forum! Now begins the slow process of changing and updating all of the art, colors, and icons to make this forum our own. Keeping in mind also that I have to balance my time between work, family, this forum, and blowing stuff up! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://cot2.forumotion.com
VaderXanth
Journeyman
VaderXanth

Colors and Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colors and Art   Colors and Art EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 1:10 am

Admin wrote:
There has been a guest request made to brighten the background color to enhance viewing and reduce eye strain. Not a bad idea, after all.

To that end, I picked a blah-nilla theme with high contrast colors for easy viewing, added the logo I tossed together in Blender in like 5 minutes, and wallah! Twisted Evil

I apologize for the 'chopped' quote, but the blah-nilla theme is getting a little bit more blah every time I pop in... Not meant to be offensive, just saying'... afro
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

Colors and Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colors and Art   Colors and Art EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 8:51 am

I've always liked black pages with white text, myself. But I am certain things will be for the better all in due time.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

Colors and Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colors and Art   Colors and Art EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:22 am

Oooo, I like this! The new theme / color scheme is very nice, very nice indeed!
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

Colors and Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colors and Art   Colors and Art EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:33 am

I should probably add that I'm talking about the black background / purple highlight / white text theme with blur cross icons.

There's enough color to make things stand out while at the same time the lack of contrasting colors allows for a smoother transition; and the white text on black is just great because, I don't know, I always found white backgrounds to be too sterile and too bright.

Oh, I hope you keep this for a while!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Colors and Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colors and Art   Colors and Art EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 12:14 pm

soothsayer wrote:
because, I don't know, I always found white backgrounds to be too sterile and too bright.

The white backgrounds representing sterility wouldn't stem from your younger days in asylum, would it?
Back to top Go down
https://cot2.forumotion.com
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

Colors and Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colors and Art   Colors and Art EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 2:42 pm

No, not all all... those walls were cream colored.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Colors and Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colors and Art   Colors and Art Empty

Back to top Go down

Colors and Art
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
COT2 :: News and Announcements :: ANNOUNCEMENTS-
Jump to: