COT2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COT2

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

It sounded like Hetfield!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

It sounded like Hetfield! Empty
PostSubject: It sounded like Hetfield!   It sounded like Hetfield! EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 2:14 am

Week and a half ago, heard a song on the radio that I really got into. It had everything I like, including the crazy tempo changes partway through, from borderline thrash to power-ballad and back again. I thought the chorus said something like "coming out b-sides" or "tearing up b-sides" or some such, but a google has failed me every time. The most distinguishing feature...during the thrashy metallic parts, the singer sounded like Hetfield vocally, and kinda stylishly, but the voice was very similar. Yes, it's still bugging me, and I'm still looking. Oh, should add the music style itself wasn't very Metallica...the first two verses were kinda 'rock-rap' like...um...oh hell...Rage Against the Machine (remember them?) but with Hetfield's voice.... then the chorus and after the tempo change went VERY Nickelback sound and two or more of the band were singing together. Damn. Maybe not RAtM...okay...RAtM with a hint of Megadeth with Hetfield's voice. Good god why can't I explain this? I sooo wish I could remember ANY of the words!!! I Will say it was on 93.1FM (the bear) so it could've been from any decade since like 1955...yeesh!!!

It was recommended to me to try listening to some Trivium. Okay-ish, but from what I've heard it doesn't have that easy-listening pop power-ballad thing going in any of the songs. So I continue my search. Thing is, as I'm googling 'singers that sound like hetfield' and 'bands that sound like metallica' (which is false the band didn't sound squat like metallica, but I screwed up my google and...) I'm finding bands that I'm really enjoying, and never heard of...ever...never ever. SOOOO...between this forum being the sharing of ideas, and a digital record of the crap in our heads, I'm going to drop some band names in here, maybe link to some videos, so these bands aren't forgotten in the shuffle.

For now...keeping in mind these don't all sound a toss like Metallica...here's a few bands I've found in the rockish genre that I haven't had time to properly examine so don't want to forget them. If you get a minute, give a listen and drop an opinion!

1. Am I Blood -- three people so far agree these guys DO sound like a young (meaning GOOD) Metallica. They are Finnish...the country, not like the ending. They do have vids on the 'tube.

2. Nevermore -- found on accident (was supposed to be looking up sanctuary). Singer ALMOST sounds like Geoff Tate of Queensryche, and they have a slower, more "euro-rock" sound IMO...
Back to top Go down
http://right here...
VaderXanth
Journeyman
VaderXanth

PostSubject: Re: It sounded like Hetfield!   It sounded like Hetfield! EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 12:47 am

So...

Here we are again.. A music question was asked with partial possible lyrics. At first, through mindless scrambling, I scoured my links, attacked Google feverishly, and even tempted a cranial aneurism's creation...

However.. After so long I have found your song. It has EVERYTHING you mentioned here and physically here.

Borderline Thrash to Power Ballad? CHECK!
Power Ballad back to Thrash? CHECK!
Thrashy Hetfield-esque vocals? CHECK!
Rap Rock kinda sound in parts? CHECK!
Chorus through tempo change with a Nickleback sound? CHECK!
2 or more of the band members singing through certain parts? CHECK!

Your answer is ╫ƒΩÉ⌡╩>♫♫☼connection reset by peers☼Θ╤╫ÄY◄ƒ◙ç=data flow error┌>ùƒM)▌£f
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

PostSubject: Re: It sounded like Hetfield!   It sounded like Hetfield! EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 1:49 am

Um...I think my heart actually skipped a beat or two in anticipation...NOT NICE!!!! Oh there will be punishment!!! Twisted Evil
Shadowcrunch carried out 3 launched of one Hero :
It sounded like Hetfield! He , It sounded like Hetfield! He , It sounded like Hetfield! He
Yep...looks like punishment... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
VaderXanth
Journeyman
VaderXanth

PostSubject: Re: It sounded like Hetfield!   It sounded like Hetfield! EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 2:09 am

OOPSIE!!! Wrong buttons there I'd say!!

Anywho, where was I... Oh yes... THE song!

Drum roll please!!!! Headbanger

Keep scrolling Uber Xcited

Huzzah!

Uber Xcited Uber Xcited

Cruisin\\'

Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

PostSubject: Re: It sounded like Hetfield!   It sounded like Hetfield! EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 2:39 am

Okay, Vader was probably sitting there watching the expendables and was all "Ah HA!!!"...just kidding...HE FOUND MY SONG!!!! WOOHOOO!!!! bounce bounce

Laptop speakers it still kinda sounds like Hetfield so I don't wanna hear any crap about my ears. KUDOS to Vader!!! It sounded like Hetfield! 3449249468
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: It sounded like Hetfield!   It sounded like Hetfield! EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 11:11 am

Huh... it does sound a bit like Hetfield, don't it?
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

PostSubject: Re: It sounded like Hetfield!   It sounded like Hetfield! EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 4:47 pm

EVen though the song has been found (thanks again!!!) there's still so much music that falls into similar categories AND few remember or know about. While I was doing my searching, I was reminded of two classics from two bands most people say 'who?' about. I've listened to quite a bit from both bands and the music is good, but these two are perhaps the best chance of anyone remembering them...the year was 1994...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It sounded like Hetfield!   It sounded like Hetfield! Empty

Back to top Go down

It sounded like Hetfield!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
COT2 :: Real Life :: Music-
Jump to: