COT2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COT2

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

90s radio

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

90s radio Empty
PostSubject: 90s radio   90s radio EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 5:35 am

I was looking for one song. Then I was going to get some work done on the laptop...then I accidentally youtubed the band Tonic...and they had suggested similar stuff...I just lost about 2.5 hours. I made a list. If you remember the 90s...even better, if you spent your 'formative' years in the 90s...and EVER had the radio on, this list should pull up some damn interesting stuff. What I wound up doing was focusing on that genre that didn't want to be as grunge as Nirvana, but didn't want to go all Michael Jackson. They didn't know what the hell they wanted except to make their music, and the stuff that came out of it, combined with the boatloads of radio play most of these got, made these a definite part of my past. In fact, I think I'm going to try getting a playlist of just these for an evening at work! Shocked Going through the list, if you see something you don't recognize, youtube it! I'm pretty sure you'll remember quickly. I know a lot of these bands had more than the one popular song, but I focused on what I think I remember was the BIG radio hit of the decade. Not everybody liked all of these, obviously, but you have to admit they were there when we were...

Last note: Know something I forgot? Post it! Just keep in mind, big hit in the 90s...originally I started with bands that hit it in the 90s then died, but I added a few still rolling....so yes, if you want to add Green Day or Mr. Big, go for it. Crap...Saigon Kick's 'Love is On the Way'...was that 90s? Screw it, here's my starter list!

• Tonic --You wanted more
  • Dishwalla --Counting Blue Cars
  • Marcy Playground --Sex & Candy
  • Blind Melon --No Rain
  • Green Jelly --Little Pigs (three little pigs???)
  • Semisonic --Closing Time
  • Spin Doctors --Two Princes
  • Wallflowers --6th Avenue Heartache
  • Crash Test Dummies --MMM MMM MMM MMM
  • Counting Crows --Mr.Jones
  • Everclear --Santa Monica
  • Beck --Loser
  • Seven Mary Three --Cumbersome (Still rocks!!!)
  • Live --Lightning Crashes
  • Dan Baird --I Love You, Period
  • Tom Cochrane --Life is a Highway
  • The Heights --How Do You Talk To An Angel
  • Days of the New --Touch, Peel, and Stand (tube it, you'll remember)
  • Candlebox --You
  • Silverchair --Tomorrow
  • Soul Asylum --Runaway Train
  • The Proclaimers --I would walk (500 miles) (ugh...why did this get so much airplay???)
  • Third Eye Blind --Semi-charmed Life
  • Toad The Wet Sprocket --All I Want
  • Verve Pipe --The Freshman
  • Weezer --Buddy Holly
  • Offspring --Self Esteem
  • Better Than Ezra --Good
  • Bush --Glycerin
  • Coal Chamber --Shock the Monkey
  • Faith No More --Epic (really...what is IT...???)
  • Gin Blossoms --Hey Jealousy
  • Oasis --Wonderwall
  • Soundgarden --Black Hole Sun
  • Pearl Jam --Jeremy
Wow, remembered like 10 more while typing, but forgot by the time I got to the end. Wanna say there was some Natalie Merchant that fit this category, maybe some...crap forgot her name...and when the hell did Alanis come out? OH well, I'm burnt...think of any more?
Back to top Go down
http://right here...
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

90s radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: 90s radio   90s radio EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 12:13 pm

Hey... I happen to like the Proclaimers. Bought their CD twice (the wife somehow lost the first one I had)!

I know who you forgot, and you should be ashamed. Presidents of the United States of America. Come on now... Kitty. Peaches. Buggy. Oh, that was such a great band!
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

90s radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: 90s radio   90s radio EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 10:59 pm

Well yessir, I did forget the Presidents! I also forgot The Smashing Pumpkins, which is odd cuz I was addicted to their first CD for a long time. And...damn I forgot a couple more again! BUT...one I ALWAYS forget, I remembered, and cuz it was soooo 'that time period' I'm dropping a vid link!

Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

90s radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: 90s radio   90s radio EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:08 pm

Ah, and then there was this little diddy...

Huh. Learn something new every day. One of my personal favorites from the 90's is Garbage. Just checked with the wiki to see if they were strictly 90s, or if they started earlier (1994). Anyway, just found out they originated from Madison Wisconsin.

So, straight from 1998, here's this one...

Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

90s radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: 90s radio   90s radio EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 4:53 pm

These next two are getting towards the end of the 90s...didn't really define the decade, but sure gave it a WTF ending! C'mon, who didn't get into these when they came out?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

90s radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: 90s radio   90s radio Empty

Back to top Go down

90s radio
Page 1 of 1