COT2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COT2

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sound tracks

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
VaderXanth
Journeyman
VaderXanth

Sound tracks Empty
PostSubject: Sound tracks   Sound tracks EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 12:15 pm

Soon I will be dusting off my Casio and installing Reason once again. I do have a retail copy of CakeWalk somewhere, but after playing with Reason, I'm going to stick with that... I'll also install Audacity, no, not that one... I know that there was one which was open-source..... Hrmmm.. Something to ponder while at work..
Back to top Go down
VaderXanth
Journeyman
VaderXanth

Sound tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound tracks   Sound tracks EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 12:16 pm

As an after thought, Audacity is free, but I was thinking about an open-source program which was for music creation, not just editing....
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Sound tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound tracks   Sound tracks EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 7:10 pm

Vader, I was working on forum hierarchy based on yours and Sooth's suggestions when I came across your post. I'm sure our limited membership would enjoy hearing some sample of your future musical workings!

If it helps at all, I'm not sure if the open-source program you're talking about is the Linux MultiMedia Studio (LMMS), but I used it a few times back when I thought I could pretend to have rhythm. It is an amazing piece of software, open-source (FREE!!!), and my favorite part: it easily imports and runs VSTi files, which are virtual instrument banks. In my experience, LMMS runs mostly MIDI synth files, where the VSTi files I found were actually digitized real instruments. They are BIG...where a MIDI instrument is mostly just data, a VSTi is actually real-time editable WAV sound files of notes an instrument can create, and as I'm sure you're aware, WAV files are BIG. But lemme tell you, go from a MIDI saxophone to a VSTi version, and the difference is instantly noticeable. What I've done in the past is simply google 'free VSTi' and browse through all the crap ad pages until I actually found some free instruments. There are MANY sites that charge a pretty penny for these simple instruments. Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
https://cot2.forumotion.com
VaderXanth
Journeyman
VaderXanth

Sound tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound tracks   Sound tracks EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 12:29 pm

LLMS!!! That is the one which I was thinking! Good call!!!
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

Sound tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound tracks   Sound tracks EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 3:01 am

Well now, had to find LMMS, and of course it's like figuring out how to launch my first space rocket...and I was googling and accidentally found: Your First song with LMMS

Hope it helps! Who knew there would be a wiki?! Now, can I make something....?
Back to top Go down
http://right here...
VaderXanth
Journeyman
VaderXanth

Sound tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound tracks   Sound tracks EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 11:27 pm

What a pain in the ass it is to take an audio file and put it here... Not complaining about this site, just the overall inability to share audio on a forum without video. Youtube said, 'Hey, no video? No upload!' I asked why and it said that their services are for viewable motion thingies. So. How do I do this? Camtasia? Webcam? Windows Movie Maker? *sigh* WMM it is.

Here's a side project that I was doing trying to figure out the 'snap-to-grid' application in Reason. It didn't work out that well, still trying to figure the little things out. Don't mind the pictures; I had to add them so there were "viewable motion thingies" for YouTube.

Back to top Go down
VaderXanth
Journeyman
VaderXanth

Sound tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound tracks   Sound tracks EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 11:41 pm

Menu music for my game? maybe.. ish... Composed by me through Reason with my Casio.

Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

Sound tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound tracks   Sound tracks EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 11:46 pm

Nice job! I know you're not "there" yet, but there are several points where I was expecting the drums to start pounding away! Or at least some cowbell... Very Happy I'm assuming the snap-to-grid helps keep the beat and measures and stuff without needing drums or metronome beforehand?

Edit: You posted the menu music while I was typing... so the above comment is for the first video. Second video: that works damn good for a menu! (or a ringtone!)
Back to top Go down
http://right here...
VaderXanth
Journeyman
VaderXanth

Sound tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound tracks   Sound tracks EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 11:49 pm

Uploading one more for tonight in a minute.. Drums you say?? dummer
Back to top Go down
VaderXanth
Journeyman
VaderXanth

Sound tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound tracks   Sound tracks EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 11:52 pm

Just a few sound tests that I made with either Reason, Audacity or both. Things seem to be getting easier the more I use them!

Back to top Go down
VaderXanth
Journeyman
VaderXanth

Sound tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound tracks   Sound tracks EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 11:53 pm

Thanks! Very true that I'm not 'there' yet, but I'm indeed getting there!
Back to top Go down
VaderXanth
Journeyman
VaderXanth

Sound tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound tracks   Sound tracks EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 8:32 pm

OH MY GOD this was fun to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still in the works though.. Let me telll you what! It's a pain in the arse trying to control the mouse with the left hand while keyboarding with the right! Sheesh!!!

*You may have to turn your speakers down!*

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sound tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound tracks   Sound tracks Empty

Back to top Go down

Sound tracks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
COT2 :: Real Life :: Creation :: Music-
Jump to: