COT2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COT2

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Soothsayer's Songs

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

Soothsayer's Songs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's Songs   Soothsayer's Songs - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 2:06 pm

Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's Songs   Soothsayer's Songs - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 8:14 pm

Here's one that I keep forgetting about, then I find it again, and then I forget about it again before I can post it.  Damn this sounds good... not bad for a bunch of Canadians, ehh?

Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's Songs   Soothsayer's Songs - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 9:42 am

I don't know why, I just do.  So don't ask, because I feel ashamed enough as it is.

Then there's this one.  Day-umm.

Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's Songs   Soothsayer's Songs - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 10:42 am

Just a song that I keep forgetting the title to.  And the band name.

Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's Songs   Soothsayer's Songs - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 11:10 am

Going through this thread, listening and relistening to some of the posts. Came to realize that there's one song that is painfully lacking. Great song, a song that is moving, gets you going... and, if you look at the image, it even looks like a damn fine movie, which it is, don't get me wrong, but the poster makes the movie look as if it's something entirely different than what it is.

Gods, I like that movie. Love the song, too.

Crazy Japs.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's Songs   Soothsayer's Songs - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 3:23 pm

I'madding this to the screwed up song list... heck, just look at the title of the post!

Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's Songs   Soothsayer's Songs - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 10:21 am

I am getting really sick and tired of forgetting this song!

Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's Songs   Soothsayer's Songs - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2015 1:28 pm

Discovered a lot of different bands this morning, and I am in love.  I've had a thing for goth music, and in a roundabout way for industrial... and here is where these beauties lie, at the crossroads of industrial and heavy metal?  Black metal?  Ehh, who knows, not me.

This first band is Ego Likeness.  I've actually been listening to them for a while now, ever since I heard their song You Better Leave the Stars Alone, which was featured on a Neil Giaman tribute album.  This particular song is amazing, but I would suggest giving their other stuff a try (she's got an amazing voice).

Because of the youtube side bar, I started randomly checking other bands, and eventually moved away from the realms of the above.  You know what happens with that, you discover new things, new interests.  From clicking away, from Ego Likeness, I discovered this band: Ludovico Technique.  Don't know how I feel about them yet, but I'm posting this song of their's here, as this led me to my final video.  This son'gs pretty good, but haven't listened to too much of their other stuff yet to form an opinion.

Now this band... this freakin' band right here.  Hell, this song!  I've only listened to a couple of their other songs since finding this gem, but dear lord.  I've listened to it countless times so far today.  I'm playing it loudly at work, just feeling myself being drawn in.  You know how you can hear a song and go "this would be great for a movie"?  This song... wow.  A horror movie, a scifi combat movie.  If there was a war with humanity, and we have jaeger's marching up to fight Cthulhu and his ilk, this song right here would be playing in the background.

Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's Songs   Soothsayer's Songs - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 7:52 am

Found this band late last week, after seeing the female singer in a meme.  Landed up finding the band, listened to one of their songs, then another, and another.

The funny thing is, this is rave / dance club / rap music.

Funnier still, I think I like them.  They've got some pretty good songs.  So here, if this thread is about finding things I normally wouldn't listen to, then may I present to you Die Antwoord.

There's a lot of songs of theirs I could be posting here. A lot. I just leave it up to you to decide if you like them or not.
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's Songs   Soothsayer's Songs - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 3:37 pm

Lulz. The movie Chappie showed me this band many moons ago. I didn't share the music cuz WTF! Best part of the whole coincidence, Ninja and Yolandi are 2 of the mainest main characters in the movie. And yes, their character names are Ninja and Yolandi. Much of the music in the movie is theirs, and if memory serves the end credits have one of their videos. Or I just found out by looking them up after the fact and youtubing their music. Yeah, wow. I'm not giving them thumbs up, cuz they boggle me... I mean, I like some of the beats, I like some of the videos, I just can't say "Hell yes, I need to listen to Die Antwoord right now!" She seems like a squeaky friendly girl next door, down to Earth and such, with just a hint of Cyndi Lauper. He seems... yeah...

I guess based on experimental music, I have to give them thumbs up for trying new things. If people didn't do that, there would be no NIN or Tool. Mayhaps I will try more one of these days, but glad you found something you liked!
Back to top Go down
http://right here...
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's Songs   Soothsayer's Songs - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 3:51 pm

Didn't know they were in Chappie until after reading Youtube comments; the movie never really struck me as something to watch.  I might watch it now just to see these people in it.

Their music kind of reminds me of darkwave or electro, but I suppose that's what rave is supposed to be.  Love the visuals in their videos, and their sense of humor is nice.  I've been on an Antwoord fix for the past couple days now... Ugly Boy and I Fink U Freeky have been running through my head.  Found some more of their songs that I like, but those are the main two right now.

Right now I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate them into my Pandora mix.  Might have to make a new station and go from there.

**EDIT**

And yeah, agree with you on Ninja.  He seems... almost if Snow (remember, the white reggae rapper?) were on crack.  And Yolandi just reminds me of a living anime girl with her voice and appearance.
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's Songs   Soothsayer's Songs - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 8:07 pm

I was iffy on Chappie, even with Hugh Jackman, until I found out that dude was in it. Yeah, that dude. Wilkus Werner or whatever his name was from District 9. The main dude that pronounced 'fuckin' as 'fookin' and got infected with alien DNA. I also liked him in the *cough cough* A-Team movie, and really liked his bad guy performance in Elysium. Based on him in those 3 movies, I decided to give Chappie a shot, and found a reboot of Short Circuit (with a pinch of Robocop) that actually raised some questions about what makes up us as a soul, electronics, and artificial intelligence. Add in Ninja and Yolandi, and Hugh Jackman with the worst hair style you can stick on an Australian, and I found it quite enjoyable. One of those laugh/cry/huh kind of movies.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's Songs   Soothsayer's Songs - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 2:15 pm

HA!  I haven't seen any of those movies which contained your Winky Wiener, so your words are useless to me.  Useless!

Now, you're going to comment about how could I not have seen those, blah blah blah, to which all I can say is "oh yeah?  how'd you like Oldboy or I Saw the Devil?"  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's Songs   Soothsayer's Songs - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 9:32 pm

Oh my. Such accusatory accusations. And though your verbal assault makes me want to say "A bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here!", I will instead Razz at your 2 movie examples by shouting "We march for McCragge!" Why? Cuz even by adding your two movies together, I think I've still got about a year to catch up to your multi-copy refusal to watch the 40K movie.

Apples, bitch. How you like 'em?

*EDIT: In hindsight, that line needs to be in a movie dammit! Bad guy pulls the trigger point blank on the hero. Click, click click... "Apples, bitch. How you like 'em?" BLAM!
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's Songs   Soothsayer's Songs - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 9:38 pm

Didn't Barbosa say something along those lines in any of the Pirates movies?
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's Songs   Soothsayer's Songs - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 2:51 pm

No no no. He said the apples turned to ash in their mouths. Ashels.

EDIT: Or did he say all food turned to ash in their mouths? And something about drink felt dry in their throats? Shit... must have to watch again.
Back to top Go down
VaderXanth
Journeyman
VaderXanth

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's Songs   Soothsayer's Songs - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 5:17 pm

Barbossa: Aye. That's exactly what I thought when first told of the tale. Buried in the island of the dead that which cannot be found except by those who already knows where it is. Find it, we did. And there be the chest... and inside, be the gold. We took them all! Spent 'em, traded 'em and fritted 'em away, for drink and food and pleasurable company. But the more we gave them away, the more we came to realize. The drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, nor the company in the world would harm or slake our lust. We are cursed men, Miss Turner. Compelled by greed, we were. But now, we are consumed by it.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's Songs   Soothsayer's Songs - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 10:15 am

Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's Songs   Soothsayer's Songs - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2016 10:16 am

Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's Songs   Soothsayer's Songs - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 3:31 pm

Tokyo Bon - Namewee ft Meu Ninomiya

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's Songs   Soothsayer's Songs - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Soothsayer's Songs
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
COT2 :: Real Life :: Music-
Jump to: