COT2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COT2

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
VaderXanth
Journeyman
VaderXanth

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow   Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 1:06 pm

SCatWoT

So now that my free time has grown exponentially I have decided to go through my instant queue in Netflix. It's filled with mostly TV series' and anime but there are quite a bit of movies in there too.

One of them happened to be Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. I've owned the DVD since it came out in 2004-2005 but I have never watched it. I have never seen it on TV. It looked like it had the potential to be slightly steampunk-ish. It was. (A google listing also has it listed as Dieselpunk) ((Yay! More sub-generas: Electropunk, Leadedpunk, Hydropunk....)) Rolling Eyes

I don't like Gwyneth Paltrow Exclamation Exclamation She just looks wrong. Almost like the perfect candidate for a beat down. (Not that I'd hit a woman, but if I would, she's high on the list...)

Angeline Jolie couldn't even save the movie. Her part was small, decent but almost insignificant.

Jude Law? I know the name. I also know that he has been in quite a bit of movies, but I don't know who he is... (yes Sooth, he was the Sky Captain.)

Overall I wasn't impressed. Not a total loss of 106 minutes but close.

SCatWoT : full_rating half_rating empty_rating empty_rating empty_rating

Now to add some more anime!
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow   Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 4:15 pm

Dear god... I can't even think of the term "sky captain" without thinking of this.

I was actually going to re-watch this a couple days before you posted your post. I remembered that I didn't really care for it, but couldn't remember why... yes, I was going to watch this to see why I didn't like it.
Back to top Go down
VaderXanth
Journeyman
VaderXanth

PostSubject: Re: Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow   Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 2:12 pm

Which episode if that from??
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow   Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 3:31 pm

Don't know the number off hand... I believe it was season 3 episode 1.
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

PostSubject: Re: Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow   Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 3:57 pm

Season 3 had a 3 part 'mini-series' that actually took place before episode 1. So techinically, it was season 3, epsiode 1... but technically it was also season 3, episode 0.1. Silly FX.
Back to top Go down
http://right here...
VaderXanth
Journeyman
VaderXanth

PostSubject: Re: Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow   Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:34 pm

Damn... I've only seen the first 2 seasons....
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow   Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 6:19 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow   Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow Empty

Back to top Go down

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
Page 1 of 1