COT2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COT2

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Recommendations

Go down 
AuthorMessage
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Recommendations   Recommendations EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 8:08 am

Here's another one of those "I swear we had a topic about this, but I can't find it" threads.  Maybe it's because we have a variety of threads in which this has come up or was mentioned, or maybe from general text and email exchanges.  Whatever the reason or belief, I'm making this thread so we can have a place for recommendations, without getting lost in the archives or the recesses of our minds.

To start things off, I want to recommend to everyone the anime film Jin-Roh.  I don't know if it is on Netflix, but it is on Crackle; there were four or five commercial breaks lasting about a minute or two each, but the breaks were placed in between scenes and didn't detract from the story.

So what is Jin-Roh?  One could look it up on Wiki, but then there's a chance you might read the plot.  The quick summary as posted on IMDB reads:
IMDB wrote:
A traumatized member of an elite para-military police force falls for the sister of a female terrorist courier who died in front of him on duty.

I could post the storyline; it doesn't reveal much, but there are a couple extra little details that I just don't want to share.

Now then, why am I recommending this movie?  There's no bewbs, no mecha, no aliens.  This isn't sci-fi or horror or fantasy or like any other anime we typically watch.  This anime is simply a great story.

1.  The artwork is beautiful; it was accused of utilizing the rotoscope, but it turns out this film was entirely hand drawn.  Hell, I thought it was rotoscope as well, which isn't a big deal for me, but finding out this was hand drawn makes it that more impressive.

2.  The story.  It isn't a tear jerker, but it is an emotional one.  It isn't a war story, it's... it's...  I hate to call it a drama, because the first thing that pops to mind is crap like CSI, but it is definitely a drama.  And the whole time I was watching this (well, not the whole time) I kept telling myself that Gail would really like this.  As mentioned above, there aren't any mecha, aliens, advanced sci fi technology, fantasy, bewbs or striped panties.

I am definitely going to watch this one again.  Might even buy it, who knows.  Already thinking that this would be a fun costume build.  But whatever my feelings and plans are, I highly recommend this!

Recommendations Mv5bmw10
Back to top Go down

Recommendations
Page 1 of 1