COT2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COT2

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kitsune Kon 2018

Go down 
AuthorMessage
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

Kitsune Kon 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Kitsune Kon 2018   Kitsune Kon 2018 EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 2:12 pm

Just learned of this today: the Kitsune Kon, which is held annually in Green Bay's KI Convention Center. It will be held Friday July 20 through Sunday July 22 in 2018.

While there aren't any details for the three day event itself, a couple speakers have been scheduled: Kimberly Brooks and Paul St Peter. No idea who they are, but their bios are on the website. The basic tickets cost $20 for the weekend, with the "VIP" tickets being $25. That's not too bad. Hotel cost at the Hyatt, the hotel located right next to the center, is running $109 (without tax) a night for that weekend.

I just wish I knew what the schedule was. Is it worth it, spending the night in Green Bay? It's only an hour drive, after all. Depends on the times and events, I suppose. And it does give us a place to dress or change if need be.

I might go to this; if anything, it'll prove a useful trial run with what I can expect for Wizard World.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

Kitsune Kon 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitsune Kon 2018   Kitsune Kon 2018 EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 9:17 am

After some thought, I went ahead and reserved a room; I have up until 24 hours prior to check-in to cancel, so that's good. Oddly enough, a two queen bed suite with sleeper sofa, mini-bar and fridge was the same price as a one bed room with nothing extra... guess which one I picked?
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

Kitsune Kon 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitsune Kon 2018   Kitsune Kon 2018 EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 10:31 am

attending

I've just registered for this event, buying two weekend passes. I should have purchased these last month, as the tickets were $20-$25 (plain pass / VIP pass), but nope, had to wait. Now they run $25-$30. I splurged, got the $30 tickets... ordered two, one for me and one for the boy. If the boy goes. If not, then I have a second badge in case anyone is in need of one.

Now, I did cancel the trip to Wizard World. In thinking about it, really thinking about it, I can't afford to go to two conventions this year, in addition to whatever trips or vacations or emergencies that may come up. I'll go to Kitsune Kon to get my feet wet as it were, while slowly and gradually setting money aside for Wizard World for next year. That's a more realistic approach I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kitsune Kon 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitsune Kon 2018   Kitsune Kon 2018 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kitsune Kon 2018
Page 1 of 1