COT2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COT2

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wizard World Comic Con - Madison 2018

Go down 
AuthorMessage
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

Wizard World Comic Con - Madison 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Wizard World Comic Con - Madison 2018   Wizard World Comic Con - Madison 2018 EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:09 pm

I was debating where this particular thread should go. Scheduled Activities? It is a scheduled event. Friendly Chat? I hope that there will eventually be some discussion. Real Life: Creation? Cosplay and subcultures galore! In the end, well, you can see I went with Scheduled.

Anyway, from Friday September 21st through Sunday September 23rd, Wizard World will be holding a comic con in Madison. It will be held at the Alliant Energy Center located on 1919 Alliant Energy Center Way, Madison Wisconsin, 53713.

While ticket information is available, any details as far as scheduling, speakers or events are not. At least not at this time. I will keep things posted.

I would like to go. I very well might go. I'm just curious as to the speakers and events, that'll be the deciding factor. That... and if anyone else would like to come. I know, I know, September 2018 is still quite some time away, but I figure if I start planning for it now, I can have plenty of money saved, especially since I'm not even considering going to the Mackinac Bridge Walk. Let's see, September 21 is 42 weeks away; I can easily save up $400 by then... a lot more if I watch my spending.

I'm also debating whether or not I should go in costume. After all, I am planning on making the minigun wielding samurai from Sucker Punch, the link which details the build can be found by clicking here. I should have this completed by then, for the most part I have all the components; the parts I don't have, I can still go ahead and build what I need and be ready for when the parts do come.

So there you have it, our first scheduled event for 2018! For more information, you can click here for Wizard World's Madison page.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Comic Con - Madison 2018   Wizard World Comic Con - Madison 2018 EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 8:30 am

room reservation

I went ahead and reserved a room at the Clarion Suites / Alliant Energy Center, which is located right across the street from the convention center, for Friday night and Saturday night of the comic-con. There were cheaper hotels, but as is always the case, the cheaper the room, the further away it is. And in truth, what I got the room for, what it all contains, I think it's a pretty good deal if there's a group coming.

What the room contains:

Two queen beds, one sofabed that sleeps two, both wired internet and wifi, a desk, speaker phone, sitting area, coffee maker, iron and ironing board, free local calls, hair dryer, air conditioning, HDTV, radio, full length mirror, wake-up service, free full breakfast, cable, microwave and refrigerator.

As you can see, this room can accommodate six comfortably. Any extras would have to be sleeping on the floor (but I do have air mattresses if needed). And anyone who knows me will know that I love me a room that has a fridge and microwave! The room may cost a little more, but you'll save in food items purchased from vending machines or eating out.

Also, as always, just because I have the room reserved for Friday night does not mean you have to come down Friday; if you want to come down and spend the night Saturday, that's fine. We can hash out the details later.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Comic Con - Madison 2018   Wizard World Comic Con - Madison 2018 EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 9:51 am

cancelled

A lot has happened since I first wanted to do this, and with those events came self imposed priorities and rethinking... all told, I have cancelled my room reservation for this event. Trying to save money for this, in addition to the Kitsune Kon and other events or vacations, I was biting off way more than I could chew, and allowed no sense of wiggle room. Nope, it was far easier to just dedicate myself to Kitsune Kon due to location and budget, while allowing addition funds to be saved or set aside should they be needed for the year.

But next year? Now that I know there's a "major" convention in Wisconsin? *nods* It'll be easier to start slowly saving now for Wizard World for next year and focus on that. Plus, I can follow the scheduling and list of events for this year's event to see if it is even worth going to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Comic Con - Madison 2018   Wizard World Comic Con - Madison 2018 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wizard World Comic Con - Madison 2018
Page 1 of 1