COT2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COT2

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Upcoming (at the time of writing)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

tv - Upcoming (at the time of writing) Empty
PostSubject: Upcoming (at the time of writing)   tv - Upcoming (at the time of writing) EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 9:48 pm

Cuz we didn't seem to have a thread for thoughts on upcoming movies.

To start things off... sigh...Thoughts?

Back to top Go down
http://right here...
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming (at the time of writing)   tv - Upcoming (at the time of writing) EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 7:59 am

funny gifs

I have grown so sick of movie makers not having an original thought in their heads.  Remake this, revamp that... this has become so freaking ridiculous.  While some remakes are better than the originals (Dredd), as a whole they are weak comparisons, utilizing special effects and shinier computer graphics over substance and story (Day the Earth Stood Still).  Hell, most of the time the newer version has no semblance to the original, it makes you wonder what it was that inspired them to even make a new one using the same name and general theme (Total Recall, Evil Dead).  At least with this, the creators waited a couple decades before "modernizing" it (Spider-Man).

**Just realized I never really addressed what I think about the upcoming Robocop. Right now, disdain. My opinion may change upon seeing the actual film.**

However, there is one remake I am looking forward to.  Hell, scratch that... there is one movie I am looking forward to, which happens to be a remake of sorts.  More like a retelling.  Ken Watanabe (Last Samurai, Batman Begins, and more) is going to be taking on a role that was originally portrayed by Clint Eastwood in the movie Unforgiven.  

I won't bore you with movie details, you can easily find that out yourself; just know that the setting was changed from a western into a samurai theme.  I will impart the trailer for it.  Even though it is in Japanese, I think the story makes itself known.  Knowing what Unforgiven was about also helps, but even if you don't, you'll know the story by watching this.

AND, nice thread idea!

{EDIT}

Here's a subtitled trailer, along with three movie clips for Unforgiven

subtitles link
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming (at the time of writing)   tv - Upcoming (at the time of writing) EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 9:04 am

More remake suckery!

Don't know if this is even in production or even on the table for that matter, but thought you'd all like to know about the remake of... wait for it... They Live. I can't even begin to describe what is being done to the movie without going into convulsions, so I'll just let you read it for yourself, okay?

They Live remake

Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming (at the time of writing)   tv - Upcoming (at the time of writing) EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 2:50 pm

Ant-Man

As a character, I don't like Ant-Man.  He just smacks of 50s Golden Era crappiness.  He can shrink down and communicate with ants, getting them to do his bidding?  Oooo, how heroic.  I can just see villains quaking in their boots, unable to step on the ant army because of fear, unable to squirt them with a water bottle, or even being unable to lay out ant traps to thwart Ant-Man from ever coming into their lair in the first place.

As much as I really find the concept of Ant-Man as ridiculous, I do like the character Hank Pym.  Hell, he has more mental issues than any top rated villain (wife abuse, alcoholic, inferiority complex), has done more to hinder / destroy the super hero community, and brought us one of Marvel's greatest villains: Ultron.  Pym is the mad scientist that struggles to maintain his sanity or sensibility.

Due to the multi-tier release of Marvel movies, which is being done to incorporate new characters and tell a much more grander story, not only do we have *cringe* Guardians of the Galaxy coming out... with the damned raccoon... we also have the Ant-Man movie.

Michael Douglas, the aging actor extraordinaire, is slated to play the role of Henry "Hank" Pym, with Paul Rudd playing the role of Scott Lang (ie, Ant-Man II). Don't believe me? Check out the following link: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/01/13/michael-douglas-is-the-villain-of-ant-man-hank-pym/

While we have an Olsen twin playing the Scarlet Witch and Douglas playing a mad scientist and a freaking space fairing raccoon, the only thing that is going through my mind is why the hell don't we have a Moon Knight movie yet?!
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming (at the time of writing)   tv - Upcoming (at the time of writing) EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 8:10 am

Fantastic Four reboot

Holy flarking pile of slag! Have you seen this... this... gaah! They're making a FF reboot. Fine. They announced the cast today. Okay.

They're kids. Kids, I tell ya. And Sue Storm's biological brother, Johnny? Well, let's just say he's still a brother. Or should I say brotha?

http://comicsbeat.com/cast-of-fantastic-four-movie-reboot-revealed/
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming (at the time of writing)   tv - Upcoming (at the time of writing) EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 5:47 pm

Upon further reading, it turns out that the reason why Johnny Storm is black is because he was adopted.

scratch 

Isn't this just an example of bringing in a black person for the sake of having a black person in the movie? So that it doesn't come across as being all-white? What the hell!

If anything, what they could have done, is make both Sue and Johnny black. At least that would have made more sense. But this? This is just sheer crap.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming (at the time of writing)   tv - Upcoming (at the time of writing) EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 4:10 pm

I think we should consider naming this to "What the F--- are they thinking?!"

Case in point.  Actually, now that I think about it, cases in points.

Jem and the Holograms LIVE ACTION movie

Goonies 2

Why? Why dear gawd, why?
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming (at the time of writing)   tv - Upcoming (at the time of writing) EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 2:34 pm

Hey Admin mod guy! Can we rename this thread to "Remakes and Reboots"?

http://io9.com/the-hellraiser-reboot-will-focus-on-the-creator-of-pinh-1654724366
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming (at the time of writing)   tv - Upcoming (at the time of writing) EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 10:08 am

Okay... in addition to Johnny Storm being a black kid who was adopted by a white family in the upcoming Fantastic Four movie reboot, I just read that the reboot is going to have nothing to do with the series, but that it might be based more along the lines of the Ultimate Fantastic Four.  That's actually pretty good; having several of those books, that'd be a good story.  In the Ultimate version, they are all younger and work for a think-tank type government agency.  Besides, this reboot really couldn't do any worse than the first two, right?

Let me pause right here and wipe the tears from my eyes.  This is truly some sad news.

Doctor Doom.  Doctor Victor von Doom, ruler of Latveria, technical and magical genius extraordinaire.  Dr Doom, the one who brought the Silver Surfer to his knees,the one who blew off one of the ancient serpent god Set's heads, the one who will bow before no one, who will neither hide nor beg for mercy.  

Dr Doom is... is... dear gawd, I can't even say it without my eyes swelling... Doom is...

is...

a blogger.

To quote:

Quote :
"He's Victor Domashev, not Victor Von Doom in our story. And I'm sure I'll be sent to jail for telling you that. The Doom in ours - I'm a programmer. Very anti-social programmer. And on blogging sites I'm 'Doom.' "

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/138528-Toby-Kebbell-Says-His-Doctor-Doom-Is-an-Antisocial-Programmer-in-Fantastic-Four-Reboot

http://io9.com/the-fantastic-four-reboot-is-reinventing-doctor-doom-in-1657191173
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming (at the time of writing)   tv - Upcoming (at the time of writing) EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 3:42 pm

And let's just hope that this rumor is just that... a rumor.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/11/7193339/sony-is-screwing-up-spider-man

Doom is not pleased.
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming (at the time of writing)   tv - Upcoming (at the time of writing) EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 8:51 am

So I watched the trailer for Pixels. It almost looked cutesy fun until I realized I've seen the same damn thing, but this time Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith get replaced with Adam Sandler and Kevin James. Oh, and the aliens get replaced with... alien video games.

OOH! And there's a trailer for Terminator: (Re)Genysis(???) or whatever the hell the new one is called. If you thoroughly enjoyed the way #3 shoved a big old middle finger up the butt of the first two movies... If you laughed and cried your way through Salvation pissing on the backstory, but still half enjoyed it because it did have some neatness and we finally had our full movie in the future war world... If you can watch a movie for the thrills and spills and fine acting... If you really just don't give a shit anymore that Hollywood has no issues rewriting everything it touches.... this could be movie of the year! Honestly, I think I will actually enjoy this, as long as I stick with the alternate timeline concept. Kinda looks fun and explodey! And... TERMINATORS!
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming (at the time of writing)   tv - Upcoming (at the time of writing) EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 8:46 am

Hey!  Have you been keeping up with the latest Fantastic Four reboot?  The second trailer is out now, and all I can say is...

Doom is not pleased.

tv - Upcoming (at the time of writing) Doom10

There's a part in the trailer where Doom is walking towards a beacon, and you can see that his entire body is coated with this texture.  By the Nine, there had better be armor on him, this whole Swarm looking costume is crap.  I swear, the 70s (or was it 80s?) movie Doom looked better. You know, looking at that unreleased FF movie image of Doom... that really doesn't look all that bad. They can certainly modernize it, give it far greater detail, make it look more along the lines of armor from Excalibur.

tv - Upcoming (at the time of writing) Swarm_10

tv - Upcoming (at the time of writing) Orig10
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming (at the time of writing)   tv - Upcoming (at the time of writing) EmptyMon May 11, 2015 11:11 pm

Sticking this in here to adhere to Sooth's observation about original ideas, or lack thereof. Hopefully the link works, but it's one of those "www.blahblah/embed/widget\thisprobablywon'tlinkproperly...". It's a list of show pilots reportedly joining the fall TV season. SOOO thankful we don't have regular TV! I will start with the link, then I will summarize the list based on show idea. http://www.imdb.com/list/ls072535482/?ref_=nm_falltv_EditorialWidget_i_3

1. Superhero
2. Romantic comedy
3. Superhero (with Captain Cold and Heatwave!!!!)
4. Survival horror
5. Doctor show
6. Doctor show
7. Lost without the island, and only one main character
8. Sitcom
9. Sitcom
10. Sitcom
11. Reimagining of Wizard of Oz prequel
12. Superhero
13. Cops
14. Drama
15. Kinda sounds original
16. Thriller
17. X-files (how does one describe X-files?)
18. No idea where they're going with this. Comedy? Drama?
19. Lawyers
20. Reboot of Minority Report (the movie!)
21. Doctor Show
22. I have no words...maybe threw up a little.
23. Dramedy? (with john stamos, it's GOTTA be good...ish)
24. Cops
25. Biblical
26. ???? Drama?
27. Cops? Lawyers?
28. Drama
29. Cops
30. Doctor show
31. Dramedy (now with more gayness!)
32. Muppets (with no Henson in the credits anywhere)
33. Uncle Buck reboot (you know, that movie with John Candy that flopped?)
34. Reboot of 2011 movie Limitless
35. Cops
36. Rush Hour reboot, based on movies with Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker
37. Doctor show
38. Dramedy
39. Thriller?

Idea! Now I will go back and color code for ease of viewing! Reboots will be in red, meaning STOP! Didn't include Heroes Reborn or Muppets cuz not reboots in that sense...more follow-ups. Doctor shows in yellow. Anything with cops or law in blue. Thriller types in purple. Standard TV fare in green. Oh yeah, superheros in...um... light blue. So, excluding green cuz TV wouldn't be TV without comedies and dramas based on real life family scenarios, this leaves a bunch of CRAP. And I can understand the lack of original ideas, but why does it seem some stupid bastard decided to dig up the most meh movies possible to reboot into shows?! Rush Hour was okay, but it wasn't great, and neither was Rush Hour 2 (or 3 if they made one). The networks have outdone themselves this time, and they wonder why people are pulling the plug on cable!

#reboot #tv #show
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming (at the time of writing)   tv - Upcoming (at the time of writing) EmptyTue May 12, 2015 7:38 am

You know, to add to your comment about flops and reboots and lack of originality (adding off of my comment), there was this movie on Netflix... might still be on... called Parallels. It's so much like Sliders it's unbelievable, but with an added level of "what the -". Apparently, it was supposed to be a pilot for a new series, but it never took off. It's a good movie, and I think it would have made for a good series, especially with what was hinted and revealed at the end.

I know, I know, this post doesn't actually relate to the thread, but just making a word association type connection here.
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming (at the time of writing)   tv - Upcoming (at the time of writing) EmptyTue May 12, 2015 2:09 pm

I keep looking at that one, and I believe I put it in my list. Pretty sure it also came up recommended after I watched...ah shit....the one with the insane people apartment building and the woman electrocuting her personalities... why the hell can't I remember the name of it?! Ah I remember, the dude was the dad in Raising Hope, so a little IMDB and....... The Scribbler!

On a similar note to Netflix movies to blow the mind, Vader has confirmed he finally watched all of The Good, The Bad, and the Weird! Now if we can just get Sooth to watch the CG space marine movie... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming (at the time of writing)   tv - Upcoming (at the time of writing) EmptyWed May 13, 2015 9:00 am

I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. Not because it's funny, but because it is really really sad.

I wasn't a fan of the Jem and the Holograms cartoon growing up, though I do remember watching it from time to time. I actually had to look it up on Wiki to see what Jem was all about; you can find that article here. Seems pretty nice by the description, kind of like a girl cartoon drama, but with the added cartoon suspension of belief. From what I remember, it seemed more of a crime busting music group... maybe I'm confusing it with Josie and the Pussycats? No... I definitely remember hover cars. I think.

Seems there's a bunch of buzz going on right now because, surprise surprise, the movie as depicted in the trailer has, get this, nothing to do with the cartoon at all. It's being compared to another Hannah Montana. Yep, no one's happy with Hollywood, especially when they take a title from something and make it into something else. Or go all out with creative license.

I think I've learned more about the cartoon Jem from the comments then I did from the articles. And though Jem may not have been our cup of tea, I think we can all appreciate the horror that the fan base is going through.

CNN article and trailer

CBR article and trailer

Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming (at the time of writing)   tv - Upcoming (at the time of writing) EmptyWed May 13, 2015 1:14 pm

Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming (at the time of writing)   tv - Upcoming (at the time of writing) EmptyWed May 13, 2015 1:32 pm

I'd watch that Muppets show. It's Muppets!
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming (at the time of writing)   tv - Upcoming (at the time of writing) EmptyWed May 13, 2015 11:00 pm

Is it? Is it really?
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming (at the time of writing)   tv - Upcoming (at the time of writing) EmptyTue May 26, 2015 4:01 pm

How... but... I'm...

Question

How can you make a sequel to an original, when a reboot has already occurred between the two? I mean, the original movie was, what, 30 years ago, with a reboot having just happened relatively recently; why or how can you make a sequel to the movie from 30 years ago? Doesn't that erase the reboot, which erased the original?

It's like we're jumping through time, and having fixed one issue, caused another. So we go back and try to undo what we had done, in an attempt to correct the correct error. Or something.

I don't know.

Legend of Conan
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming (at the time of writing)   tv - Upcoming (at the time of writing) EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 6:54 pm

Oh my goodness, I can't help but laugh at this... what part of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson screams 'every day average joe'?

Big Trouble in Little China remake
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming (at the time of writing)   tv - Upcoming (at the time of writing) EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 1:27 pm

Put your reboots on one foot at a time

How would you phrase rebooting a reboot? Wait, didn't I just make a comment about this a couple posts back? *checks in new tab* Yep, I did, but that was for Conan, and this is for Spider-Man.

Sony and Marvel have agreed on their new Spider-Man and director for the next reboot of the series!

Gawd please just stop, Instead of rebooting everything, how about making a good story? That way there won't be a need for a reboot (or reboot of a reboot (or a reboot of a rebooted reboot)). Yes, you want to bring in new viewers, a fresh audience, but at the same time you don't want to alienate your existing fanbase to the point where they just give up. Then what?

Oh yeah, probably another reboot.

Rebooting the Spider-Man reboot
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming (at the time of writing)   tv - Upcoming (at the time of writing) EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 4:12 pm

How about this... a reboot that isn't about movies or shows! This morning, I went searching to find out what's taking so long for Saint's Row 5. I read articles from several "web" magazines, a couple from reputable pc/game sources that started out as real paper magazines, and one from... Forbes. Okay, how do I do this without spoilers for those who didn't finish 4? Here goes...

It all started with an article saying Volition (company behind Saint's) has requested the hiring process for 100 new team members from their parent company, Deep Silver. This could be a move to make one or possibly two new games. Volition's biggest property, and biggest seller, is the Saint's series. Deep Silver heard their proposal and gave a big thumbs up to hiring AND expanding their studio size. This is where is gets retarded.

Most of the big articles (and Forbes), gave the ol' "After the events of 4, where can they possibly go with a sequel?" Well, we already know that, they can go to Hell, and shoot Satan in the face! They bitched about that too. The problem? A game that started as a cheap ripoff of the Grand Theft Auto series, but with gang warfare, decided to make a name for itself as an action comedy in Saint's Row: the Third. Which they figure was okay, cuz it made Saint's NOT be a GTA clone. #4 took the zany too far, bringing in aliens and having a gang leader become the president. In order for the series to not become an all out parody, it needs a reboot! The gent from Forbes said reboot was a bad word in the game industry, so he prefers rewind. Instead of being about gangs taking over territories against aliens, they need to get back to their roots of gang warfare, with gangs fighting over territory in real cities on Earth, with real violence and more seriousness. The same gent from Forbes, knowing how 4 ended, went on to explain how he would write the sequel plotline to make it all make sense to take it back to the original formula.

I SERIOUSLY hope Volition tells these naysayers to suck a big purple dildo baseball bat! So, it's good that they branched out and made the series something different from GTA, but dammit, they really need to get back to the GTA formula? What the fuck? Do these people read their own shit before they click 'publish'? What Volition did to the Saint's in 3 and 4 is what made me love those games! Okay, my opinion. BUT, sales tell me it's the same opinion shared by millions. Once you start rebooting game series, there won't be an end to it, and there goes the industry, which is one of the few with semi-original ideas still flowing.

They rebooted Thief, remade the main character, remade the entire world and it's peoples... and though the game was quite good, and kept the atmosphere and gameplay consistent, it really sucked not getting caught up in the plots of the various factions. Now imagine the same people screwing up movies taking shots at OUR games! Let's see... just for Sooth... Michael Bay reboots the Metal Gear Solid series! WOOT! I mean... BOOM! Stealth? What's that? People behind Twilight reboot Castlevania! My graphics card couldn't handle all that sparkly! Kevin Costner reboots Fallout! Over 1,000 hours of gameplay, walking and talking gameplay, with 10 minutes of shooting!

Sorry...started typing and the rant came out. Don't reboot my Saints...please?
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming (at the time of writing)   tv - Upcoming (at the time of writing) EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 6:49 pm

Hey Sooth! Is this a reboot? A reimagining? Who cares?! It's the most awesomest idea ever! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming (at the time of writing)   tv - Upcoming (at the time of writing) EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 12:06 am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! OMG I can't see this movie! Apocalypse is soooooo scary I might have nightmares! http://www.polygon.com/2015/7/16/8979583/olivia-munn-psylock-x-men-apocalypse

OH!!! I kept looking at the picture trying to figure out who apocalypse reminded me of. Got it! Ahem... "Be careful what you wish for!" http://www.moviemaniacs.net/mm5/djinn/predjinn2.jpg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming (at the time of writing)   tv - Upcoming (at the time of writing) Empty

Back to top Go down

Upcoming (at the time of writing)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next