COT2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COT2

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Upcoming (at the time of writing)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

tv - Upcoming (at the time of writing) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming (at the time of writing)   tv - Upcoming (at the time of writing) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 3:35 pm

Not so much 'upcoming' as already bombing, but this is the thread where Sooth introduced us to the wrongness that is the latest Fantastic Four reboot. Just read an article on IMDB explaining the current dollar amounts involved with its opeing weekend, and LOL! They are blaming FOX for getting a director who only had one movie prior to this one. That also is funny. Based on what Sooth said and the trailer looked like, there isn't a director alive (or dead) who could have saved the waste-of-paper-script. But, on the bright side, IMDB has comments after the article. My favorite, and I'll highlight why:

"Ok they were not that bad but still if sony can have Spider-Man appear with Captain America and Iron Man why can't The Fantastic Four appear in a Marvel film? Seriously let the people who know how to make these films make them. Trank is equally to blame for the new movies failure."

I should just drop a link to this discussion so Sooth can go stab them in the eyes with words. These are the people praising or damning the movie because it's a 'work of art', or 'you can't believe the hype, form your own opinions', or 'Rotten Tomatoes gives popular opinion, I like this movie because I know what real cinema is'. I already did my 'form your own opinion' thing, it was called the entire Twilight series. I accepted it was a movie with the absolute dumbest take on vampires ever conceived, gave it a shot, went to the end, and formed my own opinions. Regardless of my opinion, I at least knew where the story came from! Where the hell do these people think the Fantastic Four came from?!
Back to top Go down
http://right here...
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming (at the time of writing)   tv - Upcoming (at the time of writing) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 10:17 am

Hey look!  The movie was so bad that it has been pulled from theaters!  Wonder why that was... maybe because it was more Hannah Montana than Jem?

Jem bombed
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming (at the time of writing)   tv - Upcoming (at the time of writing) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 9:07 am

Independence Day: Resurgence

I liked the first Independence Day. Was it the greatest? No... who can forget a virus operating on a Windows system infecting a totally alien technology? Or Will Smith knocking out an alien that was wearing a bio-exo suit?

But it was a fun movie. It opened a grand universe, ripe for story telling; I've a few novels based on the ID universe, and there is a lot there. As such, I've been looking forward to a sequel for many years now, and it looks as if the wait has been justified by this trailer.

Seems to be taking a more serious tone, don't you think? We all know that trailers only show the good parts, so this could be very misleading. Only time will tell. But I'm looking forward to it, that's for certain.

With that said, there's one thing I need to make mention of: Robotech. There's plenty of stories out there of humans reverse engineering alien technology, and then having to fight the aliens yet again, but only one that I know of where humanity as a race was close to total annihilation, and that was Robotech. Watching this trailer, checking out the ID website (and interactive timeline) over at War of 1996 makes me realize that a live action Robotech franchise is long over due.

You know what else we need? A sequel to Battle: Los Angeles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming (at the time of writing)   tv - Upcoming (at the time of writing) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Upcoming (at the time of writing)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2