COT2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COT2

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Soothsayer's schedule

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
VaderXanth
Journeyman
VaderXanth

Soothsayer's schedule - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 2:39 am

I am off I believe. Being a temp still, who knows
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 5:03 am

I am off Thanksgiving Thursday but will be working Friday.
Back to top Go down
http://right here...
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 8:54 am

Looks like it's just me then, which begs the next question... painting or chain mail? Laughing 
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 12:59 pm

Anyone other than me working on Christmas day? 1st Shift at the shack...
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 5:10 pm

Picked up some overtime, for over in the shack. October 18 and 19, 7a to 3p. I think that might be a good time to finally start painting my Tau Riptide. Or the assembly of that Su-122 Soviet tank model.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 4:02 pm

Well fuck me. Raw, sideways, with a red hot poker, I don't care. Stuck working this Saturday at the shack. So much for going out on Halloween and actually doing adult stuff.

It's so freaking nice that the guards over there automatically assume I'll jump in and save their asses at the drop of a hat, but should I get sick or call in, oh hell no, there isn't anyone qualified to fill-in for me.

The only plus side to this is that the company is paying my pay, and not the guard shack pay.

Kinda makes my having tomorrow afternoon off seem rather pointless.
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 6:04 pm

Yeah but look on the bright side!...
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 3:42 pm

Wowee, the overtime keeps on coming... Saturday November 22nd, Shack, 1st shift; Sunday November 30th, Shack, 1st shift. What am I going to do with all that overtime money? Oh wait, married.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 9:14 am

This is funny... the overtime I was scheduled for this coming weekend (November 22) has been cancelled, my supervisor took me off of it. Why? Because the cheap ass company I work for refuses to pay overtime on a week in which I get two paid days off due to Thanksgiving. I don't see how the hell that should change things, it isn't as if I get paid more for the holidays, it's just straight pay. But nope. No overtime, so no work.

Doesn't surprise me, the cheapness of the company. Hell, I'm still waiting for shirts that fit, and I requested those back in early May.
Back to top Go down
Shadowcrunch
Journeyman
Shadowcrunch

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 10:09 am

Shirtless and penniless... reminds me of an old adage...

Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 9:18 am

*sigh*

The vacation days I had coming, December 22nd and 23rd... in an effort to get nine days off in a row while only having to request two days... the vacation days I had requested and put in for this past January, vacation days that were approved and even reminded of a couple weeks ago... had to be cancelled. Retracted. Wiped away.

Seems my supervisor had forgotten about them, even though she had them marked on her computer calendar, her notebook, and her emails. What's the point of scheduling things ahead, of sending reminders, if the excuse "oh, I forgot" can be dropped with no recourse?

So now, not only am I unable to call in sick (I never mentioned that, did I? Oh, just wait), not only am I unable to take overtime in the same week as a paid holiday, but now I can't take vacation days because someone 'forgot'? That's just Off my Sheep! .

About the calling in sick. A few weeks ago (two weeks prior to Thanksgiving), Steve came down with something. Rash, blisters, fever. Gail took the boy to the doctor, ran tests, couldn't figure out what it was. The next day he was worse, Gail had to start early, and so I tried getting out of work for the afternoon... I was currently at work. Started calling my supervisor at about 8am, plenty of time and notice. Nope, couldn't get off, no one could cover for me or no one was answering their phones. Sure, I can come in on a Saturday and cover for people, or I can work here all day, and then work for them on second shift at the last minute, but no one can come in and sit behind a desk and play games on Facebook for three hours? What if I was the one who was sick, they want me to vomit all over the place and infect everyone here?

(turns out the boy had a case of Hoof and Mouth, so no worries... but that isn't the point).

Last week, I had regular employees asking me how come I never take a vacation day, how come I always come in to work. I told them with every weekend off and paid holidays off, this place is a vacation compared to what I was doing before, but methinks I should have gone with something more honest: I'm not allowed to have off.

Sure, sure, maybe perhaps the supervisor had a bit on her mind. Understandable, it happens. It's just... ahh, forget it. Ranting is done. At least I'm able to cash in a couple more vacation days (with us, we can cash them in if we don't use them, unlike others who have to take them or lose them). Too bad the wife's already counting on having that money. My sacrifice, her payout. Whatever.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 3:37 pm

My work is screwy.  Or rather, my employer is screwy.

In most circumstances, when requesting a day off or a vacation day, a two week notice is required.  Not so with my employer, oh no.  They need a 20 day notice because it'd be too hard to rearrange schedules or find suitable fill-ins.  I think this goes hand-in-hand with only having the barest number of people to cover all the shifts, but hey, what do I know.

So today, this afternoon in fact, the wife calls me, asking me to get next week Friday off (that'd be an eight day notice for those who are counting).  I'm not going to put the reason here, but let's just say it's for something ridiculous.  Anyway, in order to prevent any type of argument I said sure, that I'd look into it.  Called my supervisor, asking her if there's anything I can do to get that Friday off... being essentially a week's notice, the only way I could do it without losing any pay (too late to ask for a vacation day) and to prevent any incurred overtime, the best bet would be for me to work that Saturday (January 24)... the only shift available is 2nd, 3p to 11p.  "Okay," I say, "that'll do."  This part was arranged in about 30 minutes or so, because she had to notify our district office, seeing as how they have to give their stamp of approval for any schedule changes we do.

Called the wife back, told her I had that Friday off but that I would have to come in Saturday to make up the hours and to prevent overtime on their part / loss of pay on mine.  She's not too thrilled about that, proceeded to ask me if it was worth going in on a Saturday just so I wouldn't lose a day's pay.  What I wanted to say and what I actually said are two different things.

Another thing I didn't tell her was that I'd be having to work the 2nd Shift.  Why not?  That's her weekend to work, of which she's irritated for anyway.  But no, the deeper reason is because I know how she's going to react; she's going to tell me to forget about it, to just work my normal day.  And you know what?  Does anyone live or work in any kind of world where that can happen, that you can get people to rearrange their schedules to accommodate one person, and then go back and say "ahh you guys, never mind"?  No.  Been working for... damn... more than half my life... and I have never encountered that.  Never.  But that's what she's going to want me to do, to which I'm going have to find some polite and husbandy way of say "are you freaking nuts".

{edit - deleted a paragraph or two}

So there you go.  Working in the shack on Saturday January 24, 3p to 11p.  It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 2:54 pm

Working this evening, February 11, from 4:30p to 10p.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 3:21 pm

Working a couple hours at the dredging site this evening, done at 7p. So nice that the new supervisor thinks I can handle this position without even having been there. But hey, should anything happen, I guess it technically isn't on me, right?

Note, this is not at the gate, but past it.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 1:56 pm

Yay, overtime! Well, not really... this is going to be a wacky pay week for me.

On Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. That's five days, 40 hours. I am also on paid vacation Wednesday and Thursday. That'll be seven days of straight pay, not overtime because two of those days are non working. I can deal with that.

Though, the more I think about it, I wonder if I can cancel those two vacation days, and just take them as non paid. I'll still have 40 hours in for the week, it saves the company money, and I get to save two vacation days for something else.

Hmm...

Oh. Working in the shack, 1st shift.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 11:36 am

Addition: four hours overtime Saturday night into Sunday morning, over at the dredging site. This was given to me at 3p Saturday afternoon, just as I was leaving for the day. Spent ten minutes calling guards to see if they wanted it, but amazingly "no". I can't believe some of the excuses they were giving! So... I took the first half of that shift, slept in the parking lot (or tried to), so that I could have a couple hours of sleep in before having to work first shift.

Ugh.

Who knew that having two days of vacation would land up giving me 44 hours in, not counting the vacation? Something's wrong with that.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 11:40 am

More overtime! Yippie!

Saturday July 11th and Sunday July 12th, 7a to 3p, in the shack.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 9:22 am

More overtime... don't know if I'm exactly happy about this or not, but...

Was planning on camping this weekend over in Marinette's City Park. I know, I know, why camp there? We can just drive here for gawd's sake! Truthfully, it was to save gas; there's a few sites around Marinette that I was going to do a preliminary investigation (take pictures, get some data, do some measurements), and City Park was just going to be a base camp. Also, with the weather being hot this weekend, thought it'd be nice to be able to come and go from Red Arrow, as the youngest was going to be with.

Since last week I've been keeping an eye on the weather, and even though there was a chance of rain Sunday afternoon, Saturday was fine. But, over the past couple days, the weekend's steadily gotten worse. Now there's a chance for severe thunderstorms Saturday (50%) and Sunday (40%), with normal showers still expected.

I'm only saying that because this morning I was asked if I could work 12 hours this coming Sunday, July 19, 7a to 7p. Wasn't going to, but after looking at the weather forecast... and it really isn't a matter of money. I made a budget plan a few months back and made everyone in the house stick to it (yes, even me), and right now we're two months ahead on everything, one month away from getting rid of the credit card, and a couple more months away from paying off an outstanding debt (vehicle repair).

*sigh*

Not venting / rambling about overtime. Could always be worse; could actually be working. Egads. 48 extra hours in three weeks though? Thank goodness for those coupe days of vacation I took before the July 4th weekend!

Perhaps what I am feeling isn't irritation, but more like burnout? Oh well, it is what it is.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 10:05 am

Okay, more overtime, but at least this is a month out.

Saturday August 15 and Sunday August 16, 7a to 3p, at the shack. There's also a possible Friday August 21, 3p to 11p at the shack, but the supervisor hasn't gotten back in touch with me on that.

Seems the guy that was recently hired, the one that gets trained at the end of July (can't be used until August) is in the National Guard, so he's gone a weekend a month... and of course, he was hired part time / for weekends only, so every month there will be 24 hours of available OT.

Oddly enough, there's already 56 hours of overtime for August (counting the 16 / 24 hours I picked up). Wonder if that's his two weeks a year thing.

Ehh, oh well... money money money.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 9:30 am

One more day of overtime to add to the list here:  Sunday August 23, 7a to 3p, at the shack.

All this overtime, it's going to be kind of sad when it ends.

{EDIT}
I switched days; I'll be working on Saturday August 22nd instead. Same time, same location.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 10:03 am

October 2nd, my overtime hours will be between 5a and 7:30a... which I will then start my normal shift... and again from 4:30p to 9p. Someone was fired on Wednesday, so they want security to sit in their parked car 220 feet away from the building entrance, in case he should show up. Don't know why we don't just park in the lot right next to the turnstile, but then again, that's why I don't get paid the big bucks.

There might be more overtime next week.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 2:30 pm

Sunday, November 8th, I will be working in the shack from 7a to 3p.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 11:00 am

Shoot me now.  Or slowly jab a pencil, eraser first, into one of my eyes and twist it about.

*sigh*

I am working some extra coverage hours over here by me, sitting in the parking lot, from 4:30p until 11p, today, tomorrow, and Wednesday.  That's 6.5 hours of extra coverage each day, giving me 19.5 hours of... overtime?  Straight pay?  I don't know, and here's why.

Because the company is closed on Thursday and Friday, I don't come in.  According to my contract, I do get paid for Thursday, as it is a recognized holiday, but I won't get paid for Friday.  At least, that's the way it was last year.

So, for this week, I'll have 24 hours of regular work pay, 8 hours of straight pay for Thanksgiving (non-worked), and 19.5 hours of extra coverage.  That's 51.5 hours.  Or, more precisely, 43.5 hours worked, 8 hours not.  So then I should be getting overtime, 3.5 hours to be more precise.

BUT, the last time I worked extra hours on a week that contained a holiday, what the company did was, well, let's say I worked five hours.  They took those hours and put them towards the holiday.  So, instead of getting paid for those five hours plus eight hours of holiday, I only got those five hours plus three hours of holiday.  

I emailed my supervisor my concerns, and told her to check with the district office as to how this week will be paid, because of all seriousness, I'd rather get paid to not be here then to get the same pay to be here, you know?

{EDIT}

Turns out I do get paid for Friday as well, so that's 24 hours worked, 16 hours paid non-worked, and 19.5 extra coverage.  They still wouldn't charge the two non-worked as overtime, but that's fine.  All told, this week will be 61.25 hours of pay.  Not bad, just in time for the Christmas season (and to further cushion by vacation fund).

It's about here that someone's going to talk about how much pay they get working a holiday weekend with overtime.  Go ahead, I'm a big boy, I can take it.  Smile

{EDIT EDIT}

Extra coverage has been cancelled; so this weeks hours should be 30.5 regular and 16 non-worked (I did work last night). Straight time.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 3:13 pm

January 11 and 12 (Monday and Tuesday), I will be sitting in the parking lot from the end of my shift until midnight. Thirteen hours of overtime... I can do that, but man, it's going to be cold. And then drive home, get home at 1a and wake back up at 6a? Ugh... but money money money.

I should bring an air mattress with me and crash in the building here for the night. Hmm... something to think about.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Journeyman
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 12:53 pm

Saturday February 27th and Sunday February 28th I'll be working in the guard shack, first shift.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soothsayer's schedule   Soothsayer's schedule - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Soothsayer's schedule
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
COT2 :: News and Announcements :: Scheduled Activities-
Jump to: